Admin/Owner locked out

VUSAIR

Hello 

admin owner of newly installed VA using PHPvms7. install was performed by tfdidesign creators of smartcars3. I was given a password to login and told to change it once I logged in. 

Under the admin panel for my user I changed my password, I believe I did. I entered what I wanted my new password to be. 

I proceeded to attempt a login earlier and my password was incorrect, I tried all variations and it doesn’t work which leads me to believe that when I changed it; I may have mistyped a key and it’s not what I think it is. 

I went on phpadmin, through my cpanel to find the pilot table but there was none. There was a user table with my name, email and id. But the password was 60 characters long and what I assumed to be an encrypted password. 

I attempted reset email password to both my account email and my phpadmin email, emails were generated but never delivered to neither and checked both spam and all mail. 

im not sure what else I can do, I looked for the config file but couldn’t find it nor any other file which may have the password listed in it. I looked at two earlier posts in the support forum regarding locked out but the solution of changing the password field in order to use “123456789” did not work. 

would appreciate any help

13 hours ago, ProAvia said:

Verify whether you have phpVMS v7 or v5.

You posted in the v2/v5 forum.

Once we know what version of phpVMS you are using, we can attempt to help you out.

Pro Avia thanks for responding and oops i just noticed that, I am using phpVMS V7, i was able to sort it out though. I scoured all the threads regarding admin password losses and found a work around. 

I registered a new account, then using my phpadmin made that user the admin and owner. Once i logged in i changed the password for my original admin account, granted it admin/owner role again and deleted the second registered account. As i suspected when i changed my password i typed it wrong which led to the original issue. I can now access everything and proceed normally. 

The only thing i need to figure out now is why the rest password emails never went out for either account, tokens were generated but nothing was received. I'll have to look at the documentation for email and sit down and learn how to set that up. 

Thanks 

ADMIN EDIT - moved from v2,v5 forum to v7 forum

Edited by ProAvia
Moved to from v2,v5 forum to v7 forum
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, VUSAIR said:

The only thing i need to figure out now is why the rest password emails never went out for either account, tokens were generated but nothing was received. I'll have to look at the documentation for email and sit down and learn how to set that up. 

Probably you did not finished setup properly, go through docs and check how email is configured, then check your current setup and logs to see what is going on.

There are forum posts about how to setup mails, be sure cleaning application cache after doing changes. 

Good luck