Add-On Request: Screenshot Center

Kyle

• Moderators

Hello,

I am looking for someone to do a add-on that is Screenshot Center

like when a pilot uploads a photo and admins has to approve it or reject it, and abiltly to comment on photos. I hope it is posabile to do this.

Thanks for the people if you made it working.

well i got one on my site and the name is photo gallery:

1)Create a database then import the database (data_base.sql) who is included in the attachment

2)Open db.php and write yours database user name and password

3)Upload all the files to your server

4)Create a link to your site or top menu:

<li><a href="http://yoursite.com/your photo gallery upload folder/photo_gallery.php">Photo Gallery</a></li> 

PS: Accepted formats only .jpg and .gif

PS2:If you like to remove a photo you can do it only from the database

DEMO: http://greeceairwaysva.com/photogallery/photo_gallery.php

If you like to change image thumbs size open photo_gallery.php and edit:

$diastaseis = 'width=120 , height=80';

Yes but it's the integration for better administration and supporting the user system, which simply placing an existing solution into the system would not achieve - as we can see:

PS2:If you like to remove a photo you can do it only from the database

I agree with Tom on this one, the solution that dimitris posted is a great one, I have looked at the sample on his site.

Most available galleries have their own user registration process and admin back-end, and feature a whole load of extra's that we would probably not need.

In my case something really simple:

1. Only registered Pilot can upload
  2. Manage the gallery from the existing admin back-end
  3. Allow public viewing of gallery
  4. Integration with existing phpVMS module systems
  5. Easily skinned like all other modules

I am not so concerned about the ability to give captions/descriptions, nor am I all that concerned about categories & sub-categories (Although they would be nice)

I have a great gallery script, but I have no idea how to incorporate it into the phpvms system, Tom I dont mind sending it to you if it will help.

Yes but it's the integration for better administration and supporting the user system, which simply placing an existing solution into the system would not achieve

Agreed, but you are basing that on two assumptions.

1.) Nabeel will never get bored with phpVMS.

2.) No one will release a better VA management system.

Agreed, but you are basing that on two assumptions.

1.) Nabeel will never get bored with phpVMS.

2.) No one will release a better VA management system.

Erm, what? Not really? I'm basing it on the fact that if you stick an existing gallery solution into phpvms you won't have an integrated administration centre or integrated user system. We're talking about a gallery here right, not phpVMS itself..

Erm, what? Not really? I'm basing it on the fact that if you stick an existing gallery solution into phpvms you won't have an integrated administration centre or integrated user system. We're talking about a gallery here right, not phpVMS itself..

But, it was a request for an addon to phpVMS, was it not? If so, it assumes that the VA will continue using phpVMS. In the past year, I changed from VAFS to phpVMS, from a Simple Machines forum to phpbb and have changed blogs galleries. If I need to change any one of those in the future, I am not locked into changing the whole thing. I can change only what I need to change. But if everything is "integrated", I can either stay with the last working version or face the task of rebuilding the entire site. Besides, if a pilot is incapable of figuring out how to register for a forum or gallery in 2 or 3 minutes, he or she won't survive my VA, anyway.:rolleyes:

But, it was a request for an addon to phpVMS, was it not? If so, it assumes that the VA will continue using phpVMS. In the past year, I changed from VAFS to phpVMS, from a Simple Machines forum to phpbb and have changed blogs galleries. If I need to change any one of those in the future, I am not locked into changing the whole thing. I can change only what I need to change. But if everything is "integrated", I can either stay with the last working version or face the task of rebuilding the entire site. Besides, if a pilot is incapable of figuring out how to register for a forum or gallery in 2 or 3 minutes, he or she won't survive my VA, anyway.:rolleyes:

Registering for an external forum, yeah, acceptable... Registering for a gallery? Why would anyone bother?

If it was already integrated in phpvms with a module then they wouldn't be so reluctant.

If everyone took the "Oh I'm not going to make anything for this product because it'll be obsolete in a year" approach then nothing would ever happen.

Registering for an external forum, yeah, acceptable... Registering for a gallery? Why would anyone bother?

Because everyone thinks their screen shots are wonderful and want to show them off.:D

If everyone took the "Oh I'm not going to make anything for this product because it'll be obsolete in a year" approach then nothing would ever happen.

I point to my first statement. "Is it just me, or does anyone else think this is like reinventing the wheel". I've got no problem with things that extend the functionality of phpVMS, though I always have a nagging doubt whether it will work with the next version. But, if I have a forum, blog, gallery or wiki that works to my satisfaction and it is accessible to the users, I'm not going to make those items dependent on another piece of software. That limits the options I have in developing my site.

I don't think this is an area of right and wrong. It's about what the site owner's priorities and preferences are.

• Moderators

hmmmm... I wonder where Kyle got this idea....

http://www.westjetvirtual.net/index.php/Screenshots

;):P

LOL! No, i never got this from it Dave.

I thought there is no screenshot thing add-on for phpVMS and i thought i could shoot it up to add on request. Becasue i see nothing about screenshots and i thought this is a must for all VA's who wants screenshots.

i looked in to this a while ago, all you need to do is build a simple SQL database, then get a code that will takeout pictures from the database (in random order of course) then, put that code on your website.... I kinda have that going, where I have placed 8 different logos onto a database, then each time you refresh it randomly places a header file on the top of the page..... If your looking for something like that, I MIGHT be able to help, I am right now working on this, where the pilot *should* be able to submit there own pictures, so we don't have to go in and place them in the database individually..... not to good with PHP yet. lol

Link to my site is www.aavirtual.net

• 3 weeks later...