New way to skin

RogerB

When it comes to the new layout system I am totally lost, and the docs tell nothing....I am trying a new skin and getting nowhere....Are we to expect something soon on the new way to skin?? You say its easier but unless its explained, I'm not seeing how.... :unsure:

Yeah I do agree... I know Nabeel and Simpilot are very busy these days, but the tutorials have been down with a message saying "they will be coming back, please use the documentation for now". but looking at the Documentation there really isn't a lot of info in there for us to really grasp much concept on how to actually do things. So it involves us to flood the forums with unnecessary questions. I'm not giving a lecture, I'm just saying that there are a lot of members (me especially) looking stupid for asking and asking the same questions over and over again, some with no response what-so-ever.

• Administrators

Trying the best I can, I've been completely slammed at work and involved in a new startup.

If there's a layout.tpl file, then it will ignore the header.tpl/footer.tpl. Docs here:

http://forum.phpvms.net/page/index.html/_/skinning-and-customization-guides/skin-elements-r20

I mean, start small, and use that example in the docs there. You'll have problems going to some uber complex layout directly without starting really small and seeing how it works. As for tutorials, they're down because they're all old and have stuff from 1.0 in them. I haven't had the time to record, and I don't have a mic either. But yes, if someone can whip up a quick tutorial, that'd be great

I'm sorry Nabeel, but like I said, I was just making a statement, not trying to say that you weren't doing anything. I know how much time you spend working on several projects and know personally what that can take from you, so don't think I was just being a a$$ towards you. Maybe I didn't word that last statement correctly.

• Administrators

I'm sorry Nabeel, but like I said, I was just making a statement, not trying to say that you weren't doing anything. I know how much time you spend working on several projects and know personally what that can take from you, so don't think I was just being a a$ towards you. Maybe I didn't word that last statement correctly.

Nope, no offense taken!! I know what you meant :)

I was one who had a hard time trying to figure out how the skinning of phpvms worked,

but after so many tries and errors I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Forget about the header - footer combination and work directly with the full layout.tpl file,

its all in there. in one file.

Is not that hard to figure out how it works, just as Nabeel says, start small... as you gain experience

you would be able to accomplish more complicated tasks.

SK

• Administrators

Yeah I do agree... I know Nabeel and Simpilot are very busy these days, but the tutorials have been down with a message saying "they will be coming back, please use the documentation for now". but looking at the Documentation there really isn't a lot of info in there for us to really grasp much concept on how to actually do things. So it involves us to flood the forums with unnecessary questions. I'm not giving a lecture, I'm just saying that there are a lot of members (me especially) looking stupid for asking and asking the same questions over and over again, some with no response what-so-ever.

:blink:

1 - Been away for 9 days on vacation

2 - Not my full time job

3 - Do my best to respond to anything directed at me and give Nabeel a hand when I can

4 - You taking shots at Nabeel, whatever dude... your on your own.