New va help ... 2 questions

Hello, I am thinking off setting up a new Virtual Airline, possibly called BMI Baby Virtual or else TCXVirtual. I just need to know would I get into any bother starting one off these one's up, or if i out on the front page .... We are just a virtual airline and have no connections to the real world airline and make no profit. If you have clicked here be accident please go to www._____.___ for the real airline's website'' something like this will that be ok?

regards

You shouldn't have any problem starting your own VA off of a real airline, as most of us here do. You can have a link back to bmi Baby. Some airlines frown upon people having a VA named after their airline. If you would rather be safe than sorry, you have two choices: 1. Re-name your airline to a fictional one, or 2. Contact the Airline for permission and/or how to link back to them.

You should be fine. The worst that can ever happen is for the airline to tell you to shut it down, but it rarely ever happens. I've only ever heard of one airline to ever do it and it was American Airlines. Go ahead, but like I said, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

• 2 months later...

i think you are better off asking the airline itself if you can you there name and point out its not for real aviation its only for simulation... and yea i think only AA allowed that but not sure... i know alot of mexican airlines allow it..as i work for Avolar since its no longer in existance but aeromexico allows it...so does volaris and i think mexicana too but not sure! or you can play it safe and just come up with your own va name!!