Installation Error

Bluemax

I need help....Just setup phpvms on a new website. Everthing went fine, except the docets provided no path from my domain to site index.php or admim/index.php. Used www.mysite.com/phpvms/index.php and www.mysite/phpvms/admin/index.php......seems to go to a login page (Both are the same) how do you setup or develope the site. Documentation is week. Found nothing instructing me to make changes to selected files before uploading to site as I had with phpbb forums. And these error messages:

(10 July 2010 - 12:53 PM) Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_b82c70e5099744e7c2ecaf96d2f81658, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on

line 0

I never heard of a login screen on install. But if you are getting a page where it asks for your database, username and password, maybe this will help. Click Here

I have installed phpvms without any issue....what I don't have is a domain path to site index.php or admin/index.php. I tried www.mysite.com/phpvms/index.php to the site and /phpvms/admim/index.php to access admin panel. Both take me to the same login screen for phpvms. The error message is indicated below. I have used phpbb for forums. it required me to make changes in files before you upload to site. There is nothing that tells me this in the documentation that I downloaded, most of the doc links have nothing available. There is no instructions once you get into the panel to tell you how to setup site data, change banner,skins.........nothing. When I follow the link I indicated above it appears the login screen that appears is a pilot login. Same screen comes up for admin path.

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_b82c70e5099744e7c2ecaf96d2f81658, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on

line 0

• Administrators

This looks like a session writing issue, nothing to do with phpVMS. Probably a php/server mis-configuration. What is the site on? free host, shared, vps, dedicated? Does anything else (another app) work on the server?

• Like 1

• Administrators

This looks like a session writing issue, nothing to do with phpVMS. Probably a php/server mis-configuration. What is the site on? free host, shared, vps, dedicated? Does anything else (another app) work on the server?

That's what I'm thinking too, I'd contact your host about it

That's what I'm thinking too, I'd contact your host about it

Gentlemen, I appreciate your feed back on this. First, the site is not on a free server. phpvms was uploaded to a clean site as per the instructions. Database was set, all permission activated as instructed and ran the install program. Filled out all the fields as instructed ( Couple pages) clicked on finish and and a window came up indicating installation complete or something of that nature.

I went back to the instructions to find the domain path to (site) index.php and admin/index.php.....................nothing. So I took a wild guess. www.mysite.com/phpvms/index.php and www.mysite/phpvma/admin/index.php So following either one of these links brings me to what appears as a login. I don't have an image to post as I removed everything for now until I can clarify instructions with someone with far more knowledge than I have on phpvms. I installed phpbb3 with out a single problem.

On the bottom of this login screen and black letters was this error message:

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_b82c70e5099744e7c2ecaf96d2f81658, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

line 0

Besides this, I found zero instructions as how to set this program up to work with my virtual airline program. Not one single instruction that tells you what to do in the admin panel, should I get there...anyway you get my point...I'm lost.

THis is the site I'm trying to convert. There is no activity...just staff members standing by: www.usavamc.com

• Administrators

Hey,

Right, with this error:

Warning: Unknown:  open(/var/php_sessions/sess_b82c70e5099744e7c2ecaf96d2f81658, O_RDWR)  failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify  that the current setting of session.save_path is correct  (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on 

line 0

That has to goto your host, there's a server configuration error. Without that setting (that essentially means it can't save the login information), so you won't be able to make it into the admin panel or stay logged in. After that, there are instructions here:

http://forum.phpvms.net/index.php?app=ccs

Hey,

Right, with this error:

Warning: Unknown:  open(/var/php_sessions/sess_b82c70e5099744e7c2ecaf96d2f81658, O_RDWR)  failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify  that the current setting of session.save_path is correct  (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on 

line 0

That has to goto your host, there's a server configuration error. Without that setting (that essentially means it can't save the login information), so you won't be able to make it into the admin panel or stay logged in. After that, there are instructions here:

http://forum.phpvms.net/index.php?app=ccs

Thank you...I appreciate the help, I'll give it another attempt and then contact my server host.