Help Setting Up Virtual Airline

Daniel

I want to start my own VA it is made up. Can someone please help me out on Teamviewer 5 by posting a reply.

I would like the Obsess Blue Template and i would like someone to help me edit and install it. I would like to use a free Hosting Company which is very good. Help me as soon as possible. Thank you in Advance for your help.

Hi Daniel. phpVMS is very easy to install and setup. And that template you speak of is the one I use and am modifying as well.

As far as free hosting and very good go, they do not belong in the same sentence together. You will find out real quick that free hosting and phpVMS do not mix. Does it mean phpVMS is a bad script? By far the answer is no. phpVMS is an awesome script, but as luck would have it, most, "Free Hosts" turn off most of what it takes to run phpVMS. Normally if you come and ask a question and give an error, most people are going to ask you if you are on a free host. If you answer yes, most will keep right on a going to other threads.

I am not trying to sound harsh or anything and we are all glad you chose to use Nabeel's wonderful script. Try to see if you can come up with a cheap domain and consider quality cheap hosting such as 5dev.

Good luck with what ever choice you make.

Sorry I could not be of anymore help to you. I wish I could be.

• Like 1

Free hosting is never good... do a search and see all the problems people have had.

Also, I believe that template is outdated. Check the thread for it

Nabeel was answering as I was I see. And he is correct. that template is out of date and requires some modifying to work correct. It is being redone the last time I knew. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

Ok Thank you Very much. But i was looking at the free hosting plan and it seems to be a lot more space and Bandwidth. If i do get that hosting plan could someone help me set up a template. Which Templates are good. Could somebody send some please.

Thanks Daniel

• Administrators

Ok Thank you Very much. But i was looking at the free hosting plan and it seems to be a lot more space and Bandwidth. If i do get that hosting plan could someone help me set up a template. Which Templates are good. Could somebody send some please.

Thanks Daniel

Space and bandwidth don't really mean anything and shouldn't be used as a measure for hosting. As for what templates, check the Skinning forum, there are a few there

• Like 1

Daniel, as Nabeel said, check the skinning forum for templates. Once you find one, all you have to do is grab it, unzip it and upload that template folder to your core/lib/skins folder.

Once you do that, you log in to your admin panel and go to general settings and in the drop down select your new skin and Tah Dah! Done. ;) Nabeel has made many things REAL easy to do. Others take a little bit of know how such as php, sql, and html.

And as Nabeel said, don't measure hosting on the bandiwth and disc space. Most free hosting is a gimmic. They turn off most everything you need to run a site and then when you nag at them about it they will say oh well then you need to upgrade to our gold package for ONLY...... So as the old saying goes, Pay now or pay later. But either way you go your gonna pay. Sometimes when you save a buck, your not always saving a buck. The catch to 5dev, and no I do not work for them at all or get paid by them, Nabeel limits websites on his servers so they are not cram packed and eating up resources. His main concern is quality and speed. that is the measure of a true host. Free hosts work well for certain things, but not for most. I am not knocking their product by any means at all.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying. All of us and any of us here are more than willing to help you out as you need it, but you are going to be very hard pressed to find anyone to offer help or assistance on a free host due to all the problems that they encounter while using them. I'm sure I can speak loudly for everyone here when we say that we are glad you chose Nabeel's fine product and hope you get many, many years enjoyment out of it. With free hosting, you will move on real quick. With a good quality host, you will be around for years and probably be showing us all a thing or two in the end. ;)

If you can get on a host and get a basic install running, I can and will guide you on the how to's if needs be. I won't do it for you, but I can sure guide you. The old saying goes give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach that man how to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life. B)

Good luck and stick around and have some fun with this thing. That's what all Nabeel's hard work is about.

Have a great night.

Ray

• Like 2