PilotShop:A FlyZen Project

Leiserson

pilotshopy.png

What Is It?-

The PilotShop is a free, open source module that will allow your pilots to put their money to good use to purchase an array of items! The idea is to take the PhpVms's finacial system and allow the pilot to use his/her money made from flying to purchase anything ranging from training,ratings,badges etc. . The pilot shop will have an AJAX interface that will display the items added through the Administration panel through different store fronts which pilots can view.

Idea applied-

So say I was starting a low budget regional airliner operationg out of KACT(Waco regional). Now when my pilots join they are conisdered as active and can start flying flights according to their class. So say i had an E class witch required pilots under 40 hours to fly the B1900D to airports located within 200NM. Now if the pilot disobeys this policy all of his/her PIREPS will automatically be Denied/Deleted. As the pilot flys flights and earns money he/she can purchase training sessions with and Administrator to help him qualify for his/her rating. The pilot can simply purchase the training, negotiate a deal as far as times go for the training and simply earn his/her next class/rating,Thus enriching the experience! Now keep in mind this still requires alot of input on the users and admins part but as the system grows more automation can be added.

How does it work?-

First of an administrator will go to the administration panel and select the "PilotShop Manager". From there they can, Add store fronts(explained in detail below), Add/Edit Objects(Also described below), and can track how much is spent on the shop. Pilots will simply navigate to the pilot shop select a store front and start buying away whatever is available!

StoreFronts-

Store fronts can be though of as marketplaces for certain Items, where a pilot can go to and expect to find similar items/services with competing prices and different qualities.

Structure-

Store Front->

-Market->

--Items to Buy->

---Pilot Selects Item->

----Pilot can view details or buy item->

-----Item/Service apperas in his/her PilotBox in their profile

Items/Services-

Some items/services are built in as default and cannot be removed or added but edited....

Training-

You can add different training types for different rating and after a pilot purchases a log of the pilot info and preffered time will be sent to the administrator that posted the training service. The training service after purchase will be stored in the..

-PilotBox->

--Services->

---Training Sessions

Ratings-

Ratings can be purchased with hours as opposed to the pilot purchasing the training with his/her money. A rating can be edited to require a minimum amount f hours from the pilot, the rating will display a certificate in the PilotBox describing the rating and what it allows.

Example-

I decide to purchase my Class C rating for the fictional airline, I can now fly the ATR or whatever aircraft it allows.

Badges-

Badges are basically money flaunting objects that will be very overpriced and will be siplayes in the upcoming awards section. A pilot can purchase this ridiculous ribbon like badge to display on his or her profile just to show how rich they are.

Well guys...Thats the idea...It will grow! I will keep you updated as it evolves, this is in no way shape or from the final draft of what will actually be going on jus tkeep in mind over the next few months many updates will be made to the system allowing for a richer more automated experience.

Release date will be announced...

Update: Work on the UI in the Administration Panel is complete aswell as the basic layout for the PilotShop page. I plan to start coding the system this weekend and it should be complete by the end of March and released as a .ZIP with detailed instructions on how exactly it is installed into the PhpVMS system. Also I have made a few changes as to what the PilotShop will actually feature, As opposed to the original idea of making it an open market really, I have planned to make it where an Admin can restric what a certain rank group can buy aswell as put restrictions on the numbers of flights flown, amount of hours and the minimum amount of money required for the actual purchase. And by money restriction I mean, I will be factoring the cost of pilot living costs and factoring that in so you can spend money and not have to worry about going bankrupt(I though it was cool 8D). Also I will implement on a later date something that will actually subtract this amount every month from your actual money pot, giving you some ambition to get some more!

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Losing your patience doesn't help anyone. This mod has two parts... The admin side and the user side. very people so far have added an admin module to their addons. I have a life and a job, progress is being made and It will be released when It is done. I trashed what I had a month back to start fresh so I could include the Admin side. Expect this no later that then end of January.

* An official announcement will be made soon

• Moderators

i am not losing my patience i just ask a small question

to see some progres(screens of somethin some others have made something and also posted screens). you are working on this in your free time for about a year

then you also made an other announcement about an other module but there was the same nothing ever came up.

so i am just curions 

and as you say i will be lokking forward to the end of January.

gr joeri