beerguts

• Administrators

Hello All,

I am trying to add a user to a group but it keeps giving me this error:

There was an error adding this user

This user is not in any groups!

Any ideas? :(

Regards

Follow my signature instructions for getting debug info, and then try adding into a group and look at the core/logs/log.txt file, paste that in here if there are any errors (actually put it up on pastebin, thanks)

okay... here's the error log:

Time: 10.07.10 22:16:16

Backtrace: DB::write_debug > DB::query > PilotGroups::AddUsertoGroup > PilotAdmin->AddPilotToGroup > PilotAdmin->viewpilots > call_user_func_array > MainController::RunAllActions

Query: INSERT INTO phpvms_groupmembers (pilotid, groupid) VALUES (9, 6)

Error: (1452) - Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`unityvirtual_uvac/phpvms_groupmembers`, CONSTRAINT `phpvms_groupmembers_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`pilotid`) REFERENCES `phpvms_zzzz` (`pilotid`) ON DELETE CASCADE)

The reference phpvms_zzzz was a copy of the phpvms_pilots table I created. I have since deleted phpvms_zzzz but it still seems to be referencing it.

There's still a foreign key reference to that table which you have to delete

Yeah I thought you'd say that - I was secretly hoping you'd come up with a different reason because it wasn't letting me delete the foreign key! (it kept throwing an error).

I eventually had to make a copy of the table, delete the constraints, delete the original table and rename the new table to the original table name.

Thanks