The Zen Skin

Leiserson

Well ive been bored latley and i though, Heck i might as well make a new skin with FlyZens new colors so here it is after about an 20 minutes of work. Alot moreneeds to be done but i got the dropdown and the bsic layout complete and by this weekend it should be completed!

74151661.jpg

Well roger this forum is kind of here for that reason, if this forum wasn't here, nabeel would be bombarded by emails.

Cheers

Dan C

Count how many..Skinning help?!..Help Skinning! topics you find then convince yourself that they are all nessecary. Most can be answered by viewing the tutorials and previous topics.

Ok so we will put it to the test, The first time i see a new topic with the title "Skinning Help" stating a broad question about how to skin we will discuss the matter of reading the doc and watching the vids before posting questions that could easily be answered with the resource material. In my opinion its a waste of bandwith adn everyones time...And im not refering to your topics...If that is the reason why you are posting, Your topics actually state valid questions that need a developer in order to answer them...So no offense.

flyzen, your not understanding what i am saying, yes the video tutorials work, but some people want a bit more help understanding them, and want to learn how to skin phpvms, asking the people who made the video tutorials, or others who created their own and know it, can help them more to understand  what is going on in the video tutorials.

Cheers

Dan C

flyzen, your not understanding what i am saying, yes the video tutorials work, but some people want a bit more help understanding them, and want to learn how to skin phpvms, asking the people who made the video tutorials, or others who created their own and know it, can help them more to understand what is going on in the video tutorials.

Cheers

Dan C

Then you are not understanding what im saying, We are talking about two different group of people. Im reffering to the threads that popup on a weekly basis asking what a skin is and how to skin, when they could have easily read the docs or watched the tutorials to get the basic idea. You are reffering to the group who has already done that which i made no statement  towards.... Really its a matter of Noobies posting wanting to know what a skin is vs more seasoned members asking how to pull out information or how to edit the local.config file.

What i said goes for both really. If they are total noobs but are willing to learn, a video tutorial can actually confuse them further. All they require is a little time spent 1 on 1 to explain exactly how it is done. A video is not exactly a 1 on 1 thing.

Cheers

Dan C

Listen the both of you could go on forever so who gives a shite.  If I don't want to help someone because I feel they won't try then I just ignore the thread.......Lastly I accept no excuses, I had ,and still have very little coding knowledge before using this system but I kept plugging away and figured it out, and trust me, I wish there would of been a video when I started this!!!  Bottom line, don't wanna help someone, don't, don't want to try, then don't, but don't expect people to help you if your not trying.............

My main point in saying this is...People should read the documentation and watch the videos before asking questions like, "Whats a skin", "How do i skin"...Its a pet peeve of mine and many others im sure when people ask dumb questions that in this case waste badwith. I read the documnetation and have been directed to the API by Nabeel and have found myself asking less and less questions about how to A.Operate the system, B.Configure the system and C. How to edit the system for my Va's standards.

Cheerios-

Not everyone is like you, and Nabeel said he doesn't mind answering these questions new comers have. You "pet Peeve" is very negative towards new comers, you were once a new comer and so was everyone on this forum, so learn to help regardless of who it is.

Cheers

Dan C