Re-install

kbohme

Hello again,

Sorry to be such a pain.

My installation had errors and therefore did not procees to step two where I enter all off the details about the airline and most importantly setup the admin user.

I cannot therefore get to the admin section.

I am trying to re-install vms but keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ezDB_mysql in /home/.sites/70/site4/web/vms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 299

I do not have access to phpmyadmin and therefore cannot erase the tables and start again.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Moderators

It's ok, you are just seeking for help.

Now let's recall that you don't have access to phpmyadmin? Would you care to explain more and why?

Becasue with phpMyAdmin is the only way to get it fixed, unless your hosting settings are different.

well my host is not setup so that its users have access to the phpmyadmin

He can set it up for me but it would have to be done through my ip address. I was trying to avoid that as presently my ip changes from time to time because of my internet provider. It would be a long and hellish process to setup a static permanent IP that could be used for the phpmyadmin.

I was hoping that an upgrade would fix the problem but I guess not.

I guess my last option is going to be to find an additional host just for my vms (something else I was trying to avoid)

Hello again,

Sorry to be such a pain.

My installation had errors and therefore did not procees to step two where I enter all off the details about the airline and most importantly setup the admin user.

I cannot therefore get to the admin section.

I am trying to re-install vms but keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ezDB_mysql in /home/.sites/70/site4/web/vms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 299

I do not have access to phpmyadmin and therefore cannot erase the tables and start again.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Administrators

Can you create a new database the same way you created the first one and try it again using the new database or are you limited to one database? The other thing you could do is use the same database and try a new install using a different table prefix, it will be a little messy but with no access to the database using an app like phpmyadmin or ssh access there is not many options.

It may also be helpful to try and run the install checker to see if there are corrupt files in the file tree.

www.yoursite.com/install/checkinstall.php

Can you create a new database the same way you created the first one and try it again using the new database or are you limited to one database? The other thing you could do is use the same database and try a new install using a different table prefix, it will be a little messy but with no access to the database using an app like phpmyadmin or ssh access there is not many options.

It may also be helpful to try and run the install checker to see if there are corrupt files in the file tree.

www.yoursite.com/install/checkinstall.php

Thanks,

I ran the check install and there are no errors

I tried to reinstall using a different table prefix and got the same error when trying to install tables

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ezDB_mysql in /home/.sites/70/site4/web/vms/core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_mysql.class.php on line 299.

What i will try is to get the host to delete all the tables for me and start again.

I will let you know (it generally takes a couple of days for the host to do stuff for me)

Is there an additional code I can run just to get an admin user added so that I can access the admin panel and see if it works ?

(or perhaps a built in admin login or backdoor ?)

• Administrators

There is no way to add an admin user without access to the application that I am aware of.

Are you using the latest beat or the latest stable release? I would try the latest stable if you are not already trying that.

You can find all the versions here -> http://downloads.phpvms.net/

There is no way to add an admin user without access to the application that I am aware of.

Are you using the latest beat or the latest stable release? I would try the latest stable if you are not already trying that.

You can find all the versions here -> http://downloads.phpvms.net/

yep I have the latest.

ok then I will call my server and have them delete everything and try again.

cross your fingers :)

What version are you trying to use?

Is the local.config.php file completely blank, meaning, file size of 0

I am using Version 2.1.934

I had the host dump the database and tried installing again.

It mostly worked except I got these errors:

Writing "phpvms_fieldvalues_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`fieldid`) REFERENCES `phpvms_customfields" table...

failed - manually run this query:

"ALTER TABLE `phpvms_fieldvalues` ADD CONSTRAINT `phpvms_fieldvalues_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`fieldid`)

REFERENCES `phpvms_customfields` (`fieldid`) ON DELETE CASCADE, ADD CONSTRAINT

`phpvms_fieldvalues_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`pilotid`) REFERENCES `phpvms_pilots` (`pilotid`) ON DELETE

CASCADE;"

Writing "phpvms_groupmembers_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`groupid`) REFERENCES `phpvms_groups" table... failed

- manually run this query:

"ALTER TABLE `phpvms_groupmembers` ADD CONSTRAINT `phpvms_groupmembers_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`groupid`)

REFERENCES `phpvms_groups` (`groupid`) ON DELETE CASCADE, ADD CONSTRAINT `phpvms_groupmembers_ibfk_2`

FOREIGN KEY (`pilotid`) REFERENCES `phpvms_pilots` (`pilotid`) ON DELETE CASCADE;"

Writing "phpvms_pilots_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`code`) REFERENCES `phpvms_airlines" table... failed -

manually run this query:

"ALTER TABLE `phpvms_pilots` ADD CONSTRAINT `phpvms_pilots_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`code`) REFERENCES

`phpvms_airlines` (`code`) ON UPDATE CASCADE;"

Writing "phpvms_pirepcomments_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`pirepid`) REFERENCES `phpvms_pireps" table...

failed - manually run this query:

"ALTER TABLE `phpvms_pirepcomments` ADD CONSTRAINT `phpvms_pirepcomments_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY

(`pirepid`) REFERENCES `phpvms_pireps` (`pirepid`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE;"

Writing "phpvms_schedules_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`code`) REFERENCES `phpvms_airlines" table... failed -

manually run this query:

"ALTER TABLE `phpvms_schedules` ADD CONSTRAINT `phpvms_schedules_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`code`)

REFERENCES `phpvms_airlines` (`code`) ON UPDATE C

Now again I don't have access to the phpmyadmin to rerun anything on the database manually, so my two part question is:

Is there anything on the server that needs to be changed to avoid these errors if i dump and do another fresh install ?

AND

If I just ignore them (or can't fix them) what effects will these missing things have on the VA ?

I appreciate that it is quite the question, but at this point if I can make do with the install I have I will just continue with it.

• Administrators

It looks like it actually created the tables but then was unable to modify them to complete the install. It is hard to tell what it will do to the application. I almost want to say that there is a setting incorrect on the host side for the mysql server. Without phpmyadmin or some type of access to the database it will be hard to diagnose, If you are paying for the hosting I would push the issue of needing to have some type of access to the database, phpmyadmin is an opensource application so there is no cost to it for the host other than installing it. If they return with the comment of having to have a static IP ask if you can use a service like no-ip or the like. Most of those are free to non-profit users as well.

• 5 years later...