FSAcars

Daniel

ahh but ppl have alot of problems using Kacars and i have never tried Xacars

I've been using kACARS since it came out and my VA has not had any issues. If PHPVMS is setup correctly then there will be no issues with kACARS. As an added bonus you have the developer of kACARS on this forum regularly to help out if an issue comes up.

Am I the lucky one. No problem with FSACARS, KACARS and Flightkeeper. At this moment we are using Joomla and FSACARS and Flightkeeper till we can switch over to phpvms and my experience is that people who have problems with FSACARS are the people who don´t read the instructions. In the last couple of years thousends of fsacars logs has been sent to the server and 99% of the time without any problems.

• Moderators

hey cor i also never had anny problems but they stopped development on fsacars so on one point we (phpvms user) where helping out others(phpvms users)because fsacars wasn't working in the line off normall errors database error or not installing it correct so we where going to mush off thrack at that point Nabeel decided to stop supporting fsacars, and Jeff gave us the verry nice kacars.

gr joeri

Maybe our pilots will switch to Kacars but I can not force 60 people to change something what also is working good with PHPVMS. I only found one bug what I also found with FSFK and that is that de fuel is not being converted from LBS into KG.

FSACARS is a good program and still working very good.

Regards,

Cor

• Moderators

indeed you cant ask that but i just deleted all the links to the old fsacars ini downloads so new pilots will need to switch to the free or pay version off kacars.

but i belive Vbird its pilts list already a list off staying pilots.

gr joeri

indeed you cant ask that but i just deleted all the links to the old fsacars ini downloads so new pilots will need to switch to the free or pay version off kacars.

but i belive Vbird its pilts list already a list off staying pilots.

gr joeri

That's what I did as well. I made it so all new pilots were on kACARS and asked the other pilots to switch if they wanted to. If the didn't want to then they didn't have to.

ok, when people tried connecting to FS they used to get errors.

What are the errors? We can't help you without details of the problem. The most common problem using kACARS is not running the program as an Administrator. This is not a problem with the application but with how Microsoft addresses security on their newer OS's (Vista, 7).

Guest lorathon

I have never asked anyone to use my application. Everyone is free to use what ever they want. But I personally don't like hearing that someone doesn't want to use it because of "issues". Especially when I have not heard of these "issues". There were a couple of reasons that I wrote kACARS.

1. When we started our VA I was not impressed with either xACARS or FSACARS. Namely the complete lack of support for either of these.

2. I am a programming language junkie. I have learned so many languages that it just is fun for me to learn a new one.

3. It was a challenge.

4. I wanted to give something back to Nabeel and phpVMS users. In the beginning I got a lot of support from this forum and other users. I try and give back whenever I can.

With all of that said I have tried to support my product at all times. I still need to get around to updating it but as I have 6 kids, a job, a wife, a VA and personal projects time is short.

If you are experiencing "issues" then I think the first person you should let know is me. I will try and help if I can.

Stepping of Soapbox :D

I have never asked anyone to use my application. Everyone is free to use what ever they want. But I personally don't like hearing that someone doesn't want to use it because of "issues". Especially when I have not heard of these "issues". There were a couple of reasons that I wrote kACARS.

1. When we started our VA I was not impressed with either xACARS or FSACARS. Namely the complete lack of support for either of these.

2. I am a programming language junkie. I have learned so many languages that it just is fun for me to learn a new one.

3. It was a challenge.

4. I wanted to give something back to Nabeel and phpVMS users. In the beginning I got a lot of support from this forum and other users. I try and give back whenever I can.

With all of that said I have tried to support my product at all times. I still need to get around to updating it but as I have 6 kids, a job, a wife, a VA and personal projects time is short.

If you are experiencing "issues" then I think the first person you should let know is me. I will try and help if I can.

Stepping of Soapbox :D

Well said sir!