Flight Bid`s

hamster_bohnert

Thats actually a good idea.. He means can you implement a system whereby only one pilot can have a flight booked at a time.

You could possibly do this by creating an extra field on the flights for the pilot ID, and whatever ID is entered into that field (submitted when Add to Bid is clicked), tells the system which pilot can book/fly it.

I don't think this is a good idea, mainly because, there is no limit on how long the pilots can keep the bid, if you were to implement this idea, a lot of routes would become unusable to other pilots because some pilots are bidding on them but not flying them. Secondly, if you have more then one flight a day with one route having it disabled while another pilot has bidded on it it won't work.

Cheers

Dan C

• Administrators

I could do it as an option..

So it's if someone had bid on a flight, that flight is unavailable to other pilots?

So would it hide that flight? Or just not allow the pirep? Or not allow anyone else to bid it but allow a pirep if someone submits it? There's alot of little nigglies in there

• Administrators

Yes, that part is easy, but overall, it's not easy, because of all the small parts

But the behavior for the other cases:

- How does the flight show up, if it shows up?

- Or are bids only blocked?

- Does it show on the schedule?, how?

- If it does, is there a blocked indicator?

- If that schedule is PIREPd by another pilot who didn't bid it, what happens? Automatically rejected? blocked? or nothing happens?

That's all I can think of for now. There's a full plan for every little feature

Just to throw another spanner in the works, what happens if a pilot bids for a flight but never actually flies it. Could you code it so that after say 48/72 hours, if there is no pirep, it goes back on the active schedules? This was other pilots can bid and fly it as well.

• Administrators

I would say once the flight is bid on the system could just put that route in the inactive schedules list and leave it for the admins to reactivate.

That would be a pain, maybe reactivate automatically?

Just to throw another spanner in the works, what happens if a pilot bids for a flight but never actually flies it. Could you code it so that after say 48/72 hours, if there is no pirep, it goes back on the active schedules? This was other pilots can bid and fly it as well.

This too. I know when I fly for AAS, I have about 45 flights in my bid list. That would annoy pilots pretty quick :)