Time Tables

TAV1702

Anyone here ever attempted to use the time tables from Ultimate traffic for their airline?

My test site is a mirror of a real world airline who has since been taken over by another airline. I used Ultimate traffic to generate time tables for all of their flights as of 2003. Now that particular airline only had a very small number of aircraft and a very large schedule system.

I am trying to figure out how in the hell they could possibly pull off that many flights per day using 12 of one type of aircraft and 9 of another type. I know some of the routes were out sourced. The time tables I got were figured without any partner airlines though.

Was just curious if anyone has ever attempted this and if so how did you remedy the situation. I am using the exact number of aircraft they had on their fleet roster as of that date and even using real tail numbers. So it is as real as I can make it......except for the dreaded time tables. They are driving me insane trying to figure out how to get all the schedules in.

Yeah it is a really good idea and that is what this V2 of Ultimate traffic was built around was VAs using the time tables.

Like I said though my only problem is having 80 or more flights a day with only 12 aircraft to do it with. ;) I could add a whole bunch more aircraft I suppose if I feel like breaking out of the Keeping it Real idea. I know there is a way. It is just digging through the time tables and figuring out how they scheduled each aircraft. Some of the schedules are pretty easy to do. Some have 1 stop or two. Those ones are easy to track and schedule. The other ones though are a bit tough.

I think Ultimate Traffic use standard traffic file rules

an example here flightplan from gainjet which runs a single 757

flightplans_gainjet.txt is the file to look at

http://flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=146375

a converter would not be easy to make since their can be flightplans categorized by week day by day or hours which means plane repeat flightplan every xhours

Best Regards

Tom

Are those zip files all the same format? Meaning... the files in them all are the same names/format?

Writing an importer for those should be pretty trivial, I'll see if I can do something with it

Nabeel,

they problem is that most of the time the flightplan info which consists of 3 txt files (Flightplan, Airports and Aircraft) is compressed into a bgl file that can be encrypted with programms like lee swordys ttools

Best Regards

Thomas

Yeah I have been working with this until I was blue in the face and dam, if these are actual, and the creator claims they are, then who ever did the schedules for this airline in real life was a friggin miracle worker. The only way I can think they could possibly pull it off is by dead heading and I am not so sure they would do that with fuel cost, landing fees and all.

And remember, I am talking about time tables generated using Ultimate traffic for FS9. I know the new one is updated and a bit better, but I don't use it since I do not fly with FSX.