Delete Aircraft from Fleet

Steve Bartlett

• 8 months later...

I was today editing my fleet and saw I still had 4 random planes which didn't match our normal fleet. (A 747, DH8D etc.)

And so all I wanted to do was overwrite the old random aircraft with newer ones (all 737 I hadn't added yet). So I downloaded aircraft.csv overwrit them, saved and uploaded it.

But I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that it had not only added the new aircraft I had "supposedly" overwritten, but it had kept the old random ones! So I've now got the random ones AND the new ones...

I downloaded the aircraft.csv again and could see the same thing that the random ones were still there and now had the new ones. So all I want to do now is DELETE those new ones I created (and can't see why not they have never had a pirep filed or data, I've only just made them!).

But I'm not entirely sure where I can find in the FTP where they are located :S

Would appreciate any help at all :)

P.S. Strangely enough you can edit old aircraft and make them into something else just throught the admin panel. Just seems that when you download aircraft.cfg it doesn't work.

The aircraft can be found in your database (phpMyAdmin). If you don't have any pireps associated with those planes (they haven't been used in any flights), you can just remove the planes you do not want. They can be found under phpvms_aircraft

Guest lorathon

phpMyAdmin should be accessible through your hosting control panel. This is the DB manager it is not a file.

I would recommend caution when messing around with the DB unless you know exactly what you are doing. You can do some serious damage to your VA. Mark's idea of retiring them may be the best idea until you are familar with the DB and how everything is tied together.

my 2 cents.