Inactive users

TAV1702

I know this has come up before but my search is coming up blank. I may be a bit tired today.

I am wondering if there is a code snippet or a release out there that will auto prune users who have registered and have not filed a flight within X amount of days.

I know we can auto retire pilots, but this is different. If someone has time to register, why not the time to fly a flight within a week? If they don't have time for at least one flight in a week, they should get pruned. Easy task manually for small dead airlines, but what about busy airlines?

Anyone got anything like this?

• Moderators

Nice one!

Now is this ONLY after a pilot has been marked as retired?

What I am after is, if pilot registers and does not fly for 7 days after, they get deleted. I already have my config set to retire them after a no flight for 3 months.

Thats a good idea, maybe the better way to do it would be add the code to the maintenence.php script and run it on a cron every other day or so, you would need to obviously get it to look at everyone with flights at 0 then loot at the join date, you could define a period and use the existing delete pilot functions to remove their account.

Thats a good idea, maybe the better way to do it would be add the code to the maintenence.php script and run it on a cron every other day or so, you would need to obviously get it to look at everyone with flights at 0 then loot at the join date, you could define a period and use the existing delete pilot functions to remove their account.

Yeah and you know where I got that idea from too Mark :D It was a good idea they came up with.

I might have to have a look in to trying your idea and see what happens. I suck REAL bad at cron jobs though. I rarely to ever used them. I could probably throw some code together in the maint area.