Website Maintenance Cover

FlyFloridaVA

Hello All,

FlyFlorida is about to under go a facelift! However i'm having abit of bother trying to put a maintenance skin over the website.

I know that you can put one on through the CPanel however i want the option for my pilots to still be able to sign into their accounts and log flights for the airline. I just wanted to know if this was possible and if so could anyone give me some pointers!

Thankyou very much,

Tom Close

FlyFlorida CEO

http://flyflorida-va.net

This should be posted in the support forum, not here, this forum is specifically here for any problems pertaining to vacentral. This is just a general question that doesn't pertain to vacentral. That being said, you are just changing the skin? make a copy of the db and the entire site, and put it in a seperate location on your host, and test the new skin on that, to see if it works, if it does, you can roll it out to the main one with no need to close the site.

A word of caution for you if you plan on having two sites on the same server.

If you plan on doing any testing that would mess with any of your site data then you need to copy all your database tables to a new database. Then on your new install make sure you point to the correct database or you'll mess with your live data.

You will also what to change the name of the default site cookie or you will have issues with logins getting confused between the two sites.

To do that go to line 575 in your app.config.php fine and find

define ('VMS_AUTH_COOKIE', 'VMSAUTH') ; 

Change VMSAUTH to something like DEVAUTH.

This is how I have mine setup and it works great.

• 3 weeks later...