Latest Bids

nexiss

Hello everyone, this is my first post and first of all i would like to thank Nabeel and all the other mates the great effort your are doing with this software.

I would like to continue with this post about the Latest Bids on frontpage

I would like to have it on my frontpage site but a think all right but as Roger it doesnt work.

Could anyone explain with detail the files needed, and where to put them? to see if we are doing it right?

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

I got this to work on my site.  ;D

What I have found is that the newest beta update inserts a 20th row in the sql database table phpvms_schedules named bidid - the same as within the table phpvms_bids. I changed the name of the row 'bidid' in the table phpvms_schedules and the recent bids function came right back.

Nabeel - what is the line 'bidid' in _schedules table used for? It has a small ammount of numerical data in it but it does not seem to match up to anything that I see right off. I imagine it is going to have to be renamed to avoid conflict with other functions as well.

You can see it is working on the frontpage here - www.simpilotgroup.com/newenglandair

• Administrators

I got this to work on my site.  ;D

What I have found is that the newest beta update inserts a 20th row in the sql database table phpvms_schedules named bidid - the same as within the table phpvms_bids. I changed the name of the row 'bidid' in the table phpvms_schedules and the recent bids function came right back.

Nabeel - what is the line 'bidid' in _schedules table used for? It has a small ammount of numerical data in it but it does not seem to match up to anything that I see right off. I imagine it is going to have to be renamed to avoid conflict with other functions as well.

You can see it is working on the frontpage here - www.simpilotgroup.com/newenglandair

Whoa whoa, wait, you changed a column name? The bidid is used in other functions (for removing and referring to bids), and it's the primary key and index of the table. Don't change column names!!

• 2 months later...

For thos that are not sure how here is the code to make this module appear in paragraph format.

<?php
if(!$lastbids)
{
   echo 'None';
   return;

}

foreach($lastbids as $lastbid)
{
      echo '<p>';
      $pilot_info = PilotData::GetPilotData($lastbid->pilotid);
      echo $lastbid->registration; echo'-';
      echo $lastbid->depicao.' to '.$lastbid->arricao;
      echo '</p>';
}

?>

all that was added are the

echo '<p>';

tags.  This is done in the frontpage_recentbids.tpl file.