Help with default pilot ID's [solved]

Aaron

I got my site up, I want my staff ID to be CFC001, CFC002 and so on. I want my pilots ID to be CFC101, CFC102 and so on. How do I go about changing this? I changed 2 pilots ID's to 101 and then 102 and then if another pilot signs up it puts them at CFC005 and I have to manually change this. Help plz and thanks

It has to be possible. If I have a pilot register as for example CFC004, if I delete him completely then have another user sign up, their ID will be CFC005. There must be somewhere it keeps a record of some sort of the last pilot ID used, and I should be able to change it.

thats not possible itsw one or the other

Yes that should be perfectly fine.

Make sure your Pilot ID offset is set to CFC000 first, so then you become CFC001 and someone else in staff CFC002. Then when a new Pilot registers he will become CFC003. But you don't want this.

Simply in the admin panel go to "change a pilot's id" and change him to CFC101. Then the next person who registers after that will become CFC102 and so on. :)

Just for your information, it is the database that controls the sequence. So when you have CFC003, CFC004, but then you delete CFC004 the next one is going to be CFC005. There is no way you can have two different pilot ID formats, it is either CFC001 or CFC101, not both at the same time.

• Moderators

the pilot registration is like this coded with autoincrement

so when you have a pilot registering with 001 the next one wil be 002 no mather what you do or like you say 101 then the next wil be 102

messing with the change pilot id in the admin works but yo ucan change it to what you want the let say 101 to 3298 the next registration wil be 102

also messing with the change pilo id isn't the best thing you can do. like stated in that template it could possible mess all things up

regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

llok at the other post you made the system remembers the last registration number and then does +1 so iff you have id004 as last registration and you delete 2 its still going to remember the id004 and thus the next registration wil be id005

there is no easy way arround it iff you have sql skills then it is possible but only to an extend