Website fonts

MBrown

Hi gang,

Upon preparing and getting sites going I've stumbled across an unusual problem with: www.iberworldva.com

In Firefox (my pc at 1920x1080)the site is fine and the font displays perfectly. Could be Arial or Verdana. Images fine too.

In IE, well the whole site font becomes a horrible Times New Roman, hyperlinked images have a box around them which knocks some off balance.

In Chrome the font is times new roman and no images!

I find it very strange indeed and am slightly lost, it's not like it's a custom font being used.

Also when viewed on firefox (other pc 1024x768) the font is times new roman again but images fine....

Would appreciate a pointer if anyone might know?!

Many thanks,

P.S. Since the site is still being changed many images are temporary but its just to get an idea.

Your CSS files don't have the basics in them, such as setting a default font for the body. Your best bet is to look at using a reset.css file and linking that, or setting body in your CSS with a default font and font-size. There are various reset css files out there, notable ones include Eric Meyer's original one, Yahoo reset, 960.gs reset, Blueprint CSS.

• Administrators

Your CSS files don't have the basics in them, such as setting a default font for the body. Your best bet is to look at using a reset.css file and linking that, or setting body in your CSS with a default font and font-size. There are various reset css files out there, notable ones include Eric Meyer's original one, Yahoo reset, 960.gs reset, Blueprint CSS.

Exactly what I was going to say. I use Blueprint now for almost everything