A Plea to the phpvms community.

I have recently noticed through reviewing posts that it seems many issues have risen. It is sad to see the forums (virtual airline discussion in particular) turn into a mud pit of hatred. I feel like many comments are just driven because someone has an axe to grind.

It especially offends me to see that when someone posts one news announcement it turn into a fighting match between others for something totally off topic. I am writing this today to urge all members to stop bashful comments. If you have a problem with someone please don't post it for the world to see. Some say they do it to expose the fraud but is it worth it, all it does is start huge backlash.

Please, and I beg everyone to stop this hate speech but instead be encouraging and supportive. Aren't we all here for our love of aviation.

My suggestion is to adopt a zero tolerance policy. The minute a post slides off topic or consists of a mean remark the post should just be locked. This will prevent pages of drama.

I thank all of you for taking the time to read this. I wish you all happy holidays no matter what you may be celebrating during these joyful times!

Kindest Regards,

Michael

• Like 5

• Moderators

good morning Sir

My suggestion is to adopt a zero tolerance policy. The minute a post slides off topic or consists of a mean remark the post should just be locked. This will prevent pages of drama.

indeed this could be a good idea but what will happen with the offenders, iff something off you gets stollen would you be happy with it no i don't think so.

personaly i think the best solution would be to take it on PM ways but notify a MOD with the conversation so he can see what is happening and from the moment one uses faul language even in PM the person get a ban.

i thin thats the only way to keep the forums clean

Gentlemen,

I have seen the last topic where people having a fit to eachother. I think a moderator or administrator just have to remove the off-topics

messages and warn the people involved. Are they continue then ban them for a period of time. I am an administrator at a Flightsimcommunity

in the Netherlands and there we also have to deal with this kind of behaviour.

It is a fact that there are people who are using stuff that is made by others, that is de downsite of the internet. The only thing you can do

is trying to build in some protection. I don´t know how, but I do know that we have some great programmers in this community so maybe they

have some solutions.

What you don´t do is in a post that has started by someone else about his VA, taking it over for your grief against somebody else. That is

also stealing. Stealing of a post :)

Merry Christmas and a good 2012

Regards,

Cor