Auto MP3 Player

TAV1702

So I started working on a project to pass the time now that I am not working again. I started in on a project that will allow users to upload MP3's and have them on their profile like the old myspace type of thing.

I got the sql work done, admin panel for mp3 player settings, admin panel for moderating users mp3 player usage, and some other odds and ends.

I fear I may have bitten off more than I can chew though. I am working like mad on it hoping to have it done one day soon. I may need to ask for help from some of you that are slick with this whole codon module thing.

Now on to the disclaimer..... I do NOT condone ripping off artists. I believe they need to be paid. If you like their music, by all means pay for it. How this thing gets used if and when it gets done is up to the sites admin, not me.

This player is fully customizable meaning colors can be changed if wanted. Not only can a person upload a song, but he or she can upload the album image as well and it will show when that song is playing. If a pilot is looking at another pilots profile and likes a song he or she is hearing, you can rip the song from their playlist and it will be added to your list as well.

This thing also has a standalone player. Don't want to stop the song? Open up the popup player and browse the site some more. It also has the ability to play all songs once, shuffle, or repeat.

For the admin: You have the ability to set how big of a file is allowed, and all that good stuff. Then you can moderate users. If they upload a copyrighted song, you can easily delete it. OR you can set how many songs each user is allowed. This setting will over ride the default setting that you choose in the main admin settings.

In a nut shell, that is about it. If I can think of any more details, I will gladly post.

Oh one final detail.... This mod was written for phpBB by a guy we called Bigglesworth. He has since vanished and after unanswered emails, I took over the mod and all his copyrights for his original code will remain intact.... What very little remains of it.

mp3player.jpg

mp3admin.jpg

admin.jpg

• Like 1

Attention!!! In Germany you must pay for it to GEMA (Yes, its like a Webradio, YOu have to buy licenses )!!!! I think it's a nice idea this addon, but please read the rules of your state :angry: I want to do something similar some years earlier and ask in some webhoster forums, and all say there "DONT DO IT!".

Do it when you want, but beware of Gema! It´s no yoke! IT´s UP TO YOU.

Ok, the other thing is, your mod is interesting and looks nice :)

I had something similar a few years ago on another project (Not related to virtual airlines)! The license for a Site this size costs around 80€ for 3 months here in austria (if you only stream the songs and don't offer the files for download)

The Module looks very nice! ;)

Well, the point of this mod is to actually let users who may mix their own music or compose their own stuff to upload and play it and not to rip off music artists. That was the original use of this mod when it came out. And yes you all are right and thats why I said. it would be up to the web master to moderate the music. It does have an option in the admin panel to moderate users and to delete tracks.

I guess before I posted pics I should have put songs in the list that were not copyright to a big label. Ooops!

On a side note, I have made some more progress on this. I got some user interface done that is located in the pilot center.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still on this. Just been busy with the end of the term coming up at school. I do have all the templating done for the Pilot center. The only thing so far I do not like is having to add a line of code to the head section of the layout tpl. I actually do not want to edit any core phpVMS files.