Forum For Personal Issues

Well it seems my plea to the PHPVMS forums has really....well not worked. Someone suggested starting a separate thread for the people(I will not name) to fight about their personal issues rather than hijacking a post. Then a forum staff member suggested that rather than bring up the thread idea some action should be done. I hope I was understanding the comments correctly if not I apologize and have not specifically mentioned any names in case.

Basically I am sick and tired of what is going in the VA Discussion forum. I really ticks me off that in my opinion nothing is being done to prevent the hijacking of posts.

Obviously I am not a moderator/staff member on the forums here however I am choosing to do something on my own. I can't lock posts or anything so here is my move.

Everyone with a personal agenda or grievance against someone go ahead and hash it out here. I would ask this to be civil and hopefully no one posts any rude comments.

However my observations show that rude things will be said and yeah....

Once again I am sick and tired of nothing being done to prevent this so I am being proactive and trying something. Who knows if it will work but it will be more than anything else I have seen done.

• Moderators

Hi, im not sure i follow, I have seen a number of threads locked and posts about keep the topics on track.

This forum is not a sounding board or an ego boosting system its a help and support board for admins of virtual airlines that run phpvms.

I have seen posts about what do you think of my site etc well thats just wide open for abuse so really whats the point in them, my suggestion would be to use this board for what its designed for help and support not for ego boosting or offending other members.

That is exactly what I said last week but it did nothing. Yes posts get locked but only after the abuse continues over a long period of time. For example if you go to the emirates thread a rude comment was made towards the top and right there it should have been locked or something. As you can see now the thread went of track for some time because of that comment.

It is ridiculous what is going on.

• Moderators

Did you use the report to moderator?

If you did then all the mods would see it, maybe i missed it.

We all have other projects as well as babysitting here, im sorry but that's the way it seems at times.

We do our best, like i said if something offends or you dont think it should be then use the report to moderator links.

• Moderators

That is exactly what I said last week but it did nothing. Yes posts get locked but only after the abuse continues over a long period of time. For example if you go to the emirates thread a rude comment was made towards the top and right there it should have been locked or something. As you can see now the thread went of track for some time because of that comment.

It is ridiculous what is going on.

hello sir most off the times i try and keep my calm but somethimes there ar some people here making points to others but are know offenders themself and then i can make myself mad iff they point out things they are doing wrong on their own.

kinf regards

But really joeri you see where this is getting the threads. You really should know better as a moderator. I don't defend those people stealing things! It sadly also happens to me and yes it is a shame to See someone stealing your stuff where you have spent hours on making things Look right. And i See your point getting angry when these people make points but doing these things themselfes. But, it doesn't help everyone when every va thread is hijacked just because One of them giving advises on things they don't even do theirselfes. It just makes this va forum Look like a childrens playground. And i really was wondering why in that mentioned thread you as Moderator kicked Off Another discussion about the same person that has already been Talked about in way too many other threads.

• Like 2

I remember a few years ago when the this was a useful forum, not only for the VA section, but for all parts and aspects. Now it seems like the moderators are very tyrant like. Joeri I speak to you directly. You state your opinion, which is fine, but if someone states theirs, you take opposition. On top of that, your posts don't make any sense and you can't spell. I don't see why you can't take a second to look at your spelling. But please do us all a favor and try to give to the community instead of using it for your own EGO boost.

Thank you,

Nick, and the other members who agree with me.

• Like 3

• Administrators

@MCSchwartz - I find it hard to believe that you can make an opinion of the forum and the moderators when you only have been a member for a few weeks, much less try to "take control" of it. We are all here as volunteers, not paid baby sitters. I will usually close down or delete posts that I find to be unreasonable or offensive, granted, I am not on the forum every day. I also hear your feelings that the hijacking of threads and general disputes that are taking place has to stop, yet you want to start a thread for people to bash each other in? That doesn't make sense to me.

As Nick Tyson states we are Tyrants, so with that my vote is to remove the VA Disscussion forum board completely. The vast majority of the threads are looking for pilots to join VA's, and as it has been stated many times, this forum is for owners and operators of virtual airlines, not pilots that are looking for a VA to join. If you want someone to review your new skin, put it in the skinning forum. If somethings starts up then the moderators will address as we see fit, and when we can. Unfortuantly, banning members and deleteing posts usually just adds fuel to the fire with the banned member returning using a new id through a proxy server.

Now, as I find a thread that encourages members to engage in flame wars not needed in this forum I am locking it.

• Like 2