phpVMS Security Measures

freshJet

Luckily my site was restored without rebuilding the entire site. It was a close call. The only lpss was that e only have around 925 hours logged, comared to the 1000+ we had before. Pilots have lost a bit of a chunk out of their hours.

I want to know what can be done to prevent future incidents with my VA and others using phpVMS.

I was targeted with an SQL injection, which deleted many of my database tables. What can be done to protect them? Are they dynamic? And if so, is that a problem?

I dont think he was saying anything about your modules simpilot, he was referring to modules as a whole, some people make them, just dont make them with enough security. The main thing to do is, create backups of your database an a regular basis, so if this happens again, you don't lose as much as you did this time. Also change the password to the DB, make sure to change the password in the local.config file too. Maybe also reduce the char limits on forms, so that really long lines of text cant be inserted.