Blank email upon registration

Ariel

I have been getting emails about when i pilot sings up to my va they get a blank email. The email that tells you you signed up to VA such and such and a administrator will contact you when your membership gets approved. Now i dont know if its something that is being caused by the new update. I have made a fresh re install and it still keeps on happening. Any help.

P.S. DONT MESSAGE SAYING TO SEARCH THIS TOPIC AS I HAVE SEARCHED IT AND FOUND NOTHING!!!

Any help will be appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nabeel,

This one is a wierd one, I have teh same issue. I receive a blank email, one pilot receives his but with a whole buch of wierd stuff included.

I spoke to my service provider, they did not know what to do, when they signed up they receoved the email perfectly.

When  I asked my pilot to send over what he received he sent teh following over:

[tt][12:29:09 PM] Arno Kohler: From: orrenCharters <ceo@orrencharters.co.za>

Message-ID: <571d07186ff537edb708e55850fb5d17@www.orrencharters.co.za>

X-Priority: 3

X-Mailer: PHPMailer (phpmailer.codeworxtech.com) [version 2.3]

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="b1_571d07186ff537edb708e55850fb5d17"

--b1_571d07186ff537edb708e55850fb5d17

Content-Type: text/plain; charset = "iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Dear Arno Kohler,

Your account has been created at orrenCharters, but your account has not yet been activated. You will receive an email when your registration has been activated by someone on our staff.

Pilot Name: Arno Kohler

Email Address: akohler@geminiconsultants.co.za

Login Pilot ID: OCC003

Login Password: ******

Selected Hub: FAGC 

Thanks!

orrenCharters Staff

--b1_571d07186ff537edb708e55850fb5d17

Content-Type: text/html; charset = "iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Dear Arno Kohler,<br /><br />

Your account has been created at orrenCharters, but your account has not yet been activated. You will receive an email when your registration has been activated by someone on our staff.<br /><br />

Pilot Name: Arno Kohler<br/>

Email Address: akohler@geminiconsultants.co.za<br/>

Login Pilot ID: OCC003<br/>

Login Password: ******<br/> 

Selected Hub: FAGC<br/> 

<br /><br />

Thanks!<br /><br />

orrenCharters Staff

--b1_571d07186ff537edb708e55850fb5d17--

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4146 (20090611) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

[/tt]

I am running thuderbird 2 and he is running outlook.

Funny thing here, is that in thunderbird, if I viuew teh message source its there... twice.

Can you make anything of it?  ;D

My appreciated.

P.S. when I file a pirep, I get an email all normal looking with teh following in teh content line

A PIREP has been submitted --

now surely its teh same code that sends teh activation email as what sends the pirep stuff. or is it that I have modified this emial for registration and it resides in my skins folder instead of teh original template location? Wierd  ;D ;D

• Administrators

It's there twice because it sends a HTML and a text version of the email (which is standard).

Maybe it seems like the program which scans for virus/spam just spits out both versions into one (you can tell by the Content-Type: text/plain; charset = "iso-8859-1"  and the "Content-Type: text/html; charset = "iso-8859-1" ", and the boundary bit.

Or the email client might be set to show both (select to show HTML email or text email)

ok That would make sense, I still not really understand why its blank on my side, and has some gibberish in teh content of otehrs, and some are just fine.

I forgot to mention that when  test it locally here using xampp its perfect with now wierd errors, blanks or giberish he he he