Twitter [SOLVED]

Virtualei

Hi all,

I have tried to get my va twitter to tweet as my pireps are recorded using the information provided in http://forum.phpvms....-up-twitter-r37

I have put the code (replacing all the necessary info of course) into my local_config file

Config::Set('TWITTER_ENABLE_PUSH', true);

Config::Set('TWITTER_CONSUMER_KEY', 'PASTE THE CONSUMER KEY HERE');

Config::Set('TWITTER_CONSUMER_SECRET', 'PASTE THE CONSUMER SECRET HERE');

Config::Set('TWITTER_OAUTH_TOKEN', 'PASTE THE ACCESS TOKEN HERE');

Config::Set('TWITTER_OAUTH_SECRET', 'PASTE THE ACCESS TOKEN SECRET HERE');

But its not happening . Can anyone help please

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

The latest beta is working for Twitter posts of PIREP activity. The latest beta can be found here http://downloads.phpvms.net/

The main additions beyond the Twitter configuration in the local.config.php file is in the ActivityData.class.php, which I do not think even existed in the release version 934. There is also some cleanup of the Twitter activity in the bootstrap file as well.

I have quite a few sites running with the latest beta without any real issues, I would not be scared to update.

• Administrators

I would check a number of things,

In your original post of your config information there is a line missing - I am not sure if it was just omitted when you posted to the forum or if it is missing from your config;

Config::Set('TWITTER_AIRLINE_ACCOUNT', 'account_name');

The complete twitter config should be, (with your specific information added)

Config::Set('TWITTER_AIRLINE_ACCOUNT', '');
Config::Set('TWITTER_ENABLE_PUSH', TRUE);
Config::Set('TWITTER_CONSUMER_KEY', '');
Config::Set('TWITTER_CONSUMER_SECRET', '');
Config::Set('TWITTER_OAUTH_TOKEN', '');
Config::Set('TWITTER_OAUTH_SECRET', '');

Verify that all your Twitter keys are correct.

Verify that there is a line for the last Twitter update time in your phpvms_updates table. If there is not run the following in phpMyAdmin

INSERT INTO `phpvms_updates` (
`id` ,
`name` ,
`lastupdate`
)
VALUES (
NULL , 'TWITTER_UPDATE', '2012-05-01 07:41:36'
);

Verify that you have the phpvms_activityfeed table in your database.

Verify that you have the activitydata.class.php file in your core/common folder. If it is there verify that the Twitter function is in it. Around line 98 the function should start with;

public static function pushToTwitter($params) {

• Administrators

You dont really need to do anything in that screen.

When you created your app at twitter did you allow it both read and write access, I have seen some folks only allow read access which will stp the system from posting. I have attached a screenshot of the screen at twitter for your app settings. The two green squares show your access settings for your application. If they are set to read only change them to read and write then regenerate your oAuth keys to reflect the changes.

post-198-0-13131600-1336701298_thumb.png

Thank you Simpilot. All sorted now and my VA is tweeting away. For anyone reading this post my problem turned out to be the version of phpvms I was running. When i updated I hadnt done it correctly. Thanks everyone for helping and also to Simpilot for solving it :)

• 3 weeks later...

As far as i know as long as the local.config is filled in it doesnt matter about the app.config I might be wrong and I am sure I will be corrected if I am. My problem was the phpvms version I was running. It needs to be Version v2.1.934-171-gbc02380

You can check this in your Admin center at the bottom right hand side of the page.

• Moderators

Hey, strange i did everything described in this topic but no tweets are sent.

As i am looking into this, i see that local.config is filled with the correct information... the app.config isn't though. This should be filled in as well right?

Regards

Lucas

You could be missing something part of the twitter? Consider going to BETA, but I must warn you, you may run into errors if you switch to BETA.

Hey,

yes, i did update to the beta version (Version v2.1.934-171-gbc02380)

i did everything as described in this topic. it doesnt work for me though.

To sum up:

- checked local.config and everything OK.

- the tables are there and filled as should.

hell, i just followed this post... weird stuff