restrict flights to certain ranks

aarbee

Hello,

I am getting my routesystem together. But slowly I am also thinking about adding some bigger planes, and bigger airports.

Yet I know, that you need a special permit to fly to London City, or Innsbruck or Lugano (They have steeper arrivals or the ILS is not in line with the runway).

Suppose I have an ATR on some routes including the above once. Yet I do not put a trip from Maastricht to Amsterdam not equal to a trip from Maastricht to Lugano.

In that case I would like to restrict these 3 routes to if you have a higher rank.

How can I accomplish this?

Restrict them to an airplane? I was thinking to put the trip to Lugano on a smaller aircraft.

• Moderators

Are you using the default booking system? If yes, I have a module which is based on 2 different modules which I mixed them. That module has aircraft restrictions and the pilot who's rank is not high enough won't be able to see those heavy aircraft to begin with. Here is the link:

FlightBookingSystem_V1.0

In that case I would like to restrict these 3 routes to if you have a higher rank.

Considering me, everybody can fly what he wants.

I'm confused!

At any rate, you can set a "minimum rank" to every single airplane in your fleet, it's not by type.

So if you have route 1, 2 and 3 by an ATR callsign RB1, and route 4, 5 and 6 by ATR callsign RB2, you can restrict RB2 to a minimum rank 1st officer.

Then you can do all the "difficult" routes with RB2 while newbies can still use the ATR on routes 1, 2 and 3

• Moderators

No confusing intended.

I do not want to use bidding. People can fly whatever is available.

Yet on 1 plane I have 5 trips. And I want to restrict 1 of them to a higher rank.

If you don't want to use the bidding system then you'll have to restrict your pilots on PIREP submission.