Cookie Law

Stealthbird97

In order to fully forfill the new law on cookies for websites i'm making a Cookie Info Page for my site.

Can someone tell me the following for ALL cookies phpVMS creates.

• Name
  • Description or Purpose
  • Expiry Duration

Thanks

I did notices some with a VMS prefix but i've had to clear my cookies and I can't seem to get all of the ones i had on there back. If there is already a list please link me, the only forums i've found are related to what the cookie law is and how to "get arround it", nothing specifically on what cookies vms creates.

I didn't think you had to go so far as to actually tabulate all of the information regarding cookies; my understanding after reading the PDF they provide is that simply stating you use x-amount of cookies for the purpose of x, y, and z would be sufficient on your policy page, while the landing page for each visitor must have an opt-in style statement that actually does work.

I was just trying to help you by providing useful information that might save you from wasting your time. But anyway, to save you even more time you can find the single cookie that PHPVMS creates on Line 139 of Core/modules/Login/Login.php:

# If they choose to be "remembered", then assign a cookie
if($this->post->remember == 'on')
{
$cookie = "{$session_id}|{$pilotid}|{$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']}";
$res = setrawcookie(VMS_AUTH_COOKIE, $cookie, time() + Config::Get('SESSION_LOGIN_TIME'), '/');
}

So your cookie name is VMS_AUTH_COOKIE and the length it is set for is decided by the site administrator through the local.config file.