Departure board

HighFlyerPL185

here's the query I use:

$utc_now_str = gmdate("H:i");

$query= "SELECT ".TABLE_PREFIX."schedules.id, deptime, arrtime, code, flightnum, arricao, ".TABLE_PREFIX."airports.name destination, depicao, aircraft, ".TABLE_PREFIX."aircraft.icao equipment, bidid,

round( time_to_sec( timediff( time( str_to_date( deptime, '%H:%i' ) ) ,'".$utc_now_str."' ) ) /60, 0 ) timediff

FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."schedules, ".TABLE_PREFIX."aircraft, ".TABLE_PREFIX."airports

WHERE code = 'EUR'

AND locate(dayofweek(convert_tz(now(),'+1:00','+0:00'))-1,".TABLE_PREFIX."schedules.daysofweek)>0

AND ".TABLE_PREFIX."schedules.arricao = ".TABLE_PREFIX."airports.icao

AND ".TABLE_PREFIX."schedules.aircraft = ".TABLE_PREFIX."aircraft.id

AND round( time_to_sec( timediff( time( str_to_date( deptime, '%H:%i' ) ) , '".$utc_now_str."' ) ) /60, 0 ) <60

AND round( time_to_sec( timediff( time( str_to_date( deptime, '%H:%i' ) ) , '".$utc_now_str."' ) ) /60, 0 ) > -15

ORDER BY timediff limit 12";

The timetable is on the frontpage of my VA.

Hey highflyer,

yes, you would use foreach, just like you would on any other "recordset". I posted the query assuming you'd know how to implement it in the code :)

the table_prefix variable should be already set in the config.php so you didn't have to change it.

Sorry for being a pain in the backside, but I am having trouble implementing the query in. I've wrote a foreach statement, but it's probably wrong and embarrasing, hence it's showing a Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach(). Do you have any example of how I'd implement it or maybe which variables I should use for the foreach statement?

• Moderators

Hey highflyer,

yes, you would use foreach, just like you would on any other "recordset". I posted the query assuming you'd know how to implement it in the code :)

the table_prefix variable should be already set in the config.php so you didn't have to change it.

Nice. :) You could also set it up for your pilots to bid on the flights right there instead of going through schedule search but of course if they're logged in. :D

• Like 1

@parkho: Well, normally if you click on the flight number on my departure board you get to the flight info page, where logged-in pilots can place a bid :)

I suppose, I'm just a newbie to PHP and henceforth queries and statements like foreach are still beyond me. To put it bluntly, I haven't done much so far to develop that knowledge :)

that's ok... I never did anything with PHP before I started working on phpvms. I kinda learned php because phpvms is written in it and now, 6 months later, my phpvms is very different from the stock phpvms :)

Once I get my VA search engine working, I'll start publishing some of the "add-ons" I made for PHPvms, but until then I think you'll have to crawl the web and learn php yourself :)

or you may try this: http://www.utr-onlin...ware.asp?page=7

• Like 1