PMDG MD-11

wrenchca

Hi Folks,

Anyone out there using the MD-11 by PMDG with FSAcars?  We had one pilot using it and he quickly ran us bankrupt.  The fuel used came in as the following weight...

-9.21059e+08  :o :o

As a result, our fuel costs for the month are now over 921 million dollars.  Quick question, if I try to edit the finance data table, will this cause me any grief?  Secondly, has anyone else seen this behavior before?  And if so, have you found a way to correct it?

Thanks,

Chuck

CYXU

Actually, it was at the end of last month so I cannot edit the pirep to cause an effect.  I had the fuel cost set to $1 for now till we get used to the new system so the fuel usage would have been 921 million pounds.

As well, are the fuel costs being applied per pound or per gallon?  I am thinking the default cost of $5.10 is a bit much.  At around six pounds per gallon, that would make Jet A around $30 a gallon. :o

I know fsacars only reports in pounds or kilos....

• Administrators

Well at KBOS right now the fuel price for Jet A per gallon is about 6.50. So there might be a conversion problem there, I don't remember if I explicitly did conversions. I added it to my bug list, I did not realize that. But regardless, that's a huge cost.

Do you know was the fuel usage was though?

And how it applies it depends on your settings in the local.config. The fsacars config there has to match up, it's a big confusing. But I'm gonna revisit this soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the root cause.  The pilot was landing, taxiing and parking....right beside the FS fuel depot!! ::)

As soon as he set the parking brake, it auto filled the tanks.  Since that is an internal FS command, it would quite likely be registered before FSUIPC sent the final fuel load.  It seems if the final fuel amount is greater than the starting fuel, FSAcars has a bird and figures you must have used millions of pounds of fuel.

Just to be on the safe side, make sure to tell your pilots to always park at a gate and not the fuel depot. ;D

Chuck

CYXU