serious problem with website...

Sasha

Hello everyone,

I have since a while ago had some kind of wierd bug on the webpage. I have no clue of how to get rid of it, tried everything, re installing phpvms, updating etc.

Can anyone please help me? This is a very serious issue because it affects the entire virtual airline. I meant, what are we whithout a working website?

Please have a look - www.novairvirtual.net

it is that wierd bug code that appears all the time, preventing from signing in, starting acars etc.

Thank you so much in advance!

Regards,

Sasha Sem-Sandberg

(Novair Virtual)

• Moderators

It's not bug. It happens when you actually try to do some changes and somehow the changes doesn't match the website configuration, so if you have changed or modified your front page then you need to make sure what you have done is correct. What i think is that to log in part at the top is not as default, so you may want to check that area or post what you need to do and we can help you sort it out. ;)

Ive just taken a look... Line 40 is the start of that file and it just cant run it and its looping. Would agree with parkho. You must have changed something that it doesnt like, or missed something out when changing. Only way to find out really is upload fresh - upload template and then make your changes 1 by 1 until the error appears.

OK... think I might have found something wrong with your core/templates/core_navigation.tpl - make a backup and change it to this....

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/'); ?>">home</a></li>
<?php

}
?>
<li><a href="<?php echo url('/pages/aboutus'); ?>">About Us</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo url('/schedules/view'); ?>">Schedules</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo url('/pilots'); ?>">Pilots</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo url('/acars') ?>">Live Map</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo ('http://novairvirtual.swedishforum.net/') ?>">Forum</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo url('/pages/contact') ?>">Contact</a></li>
<?php
if(Auth::LoggedIn())
{
if(PilotGroups::group_has_perm(Auth::$usergroups, ACCESS_ADMIN))
{
 echo '<li><a href="'.fileurl('/admin').'">Admin Center</a></li>';
}
?>

<li><a href="<?php echo url('/logout'); ?>">Log Out</a></li>
<?php
}
?>

Let me know if it works :)

• Moderators

If no, let me tell what to do if you want to reinstall it in order not to lose any data:

1) Download a copy of phpvms.

2) Install it on your server on a different database of with a different TABLE_PREFIX.

3) After the install has finished, go to your previous local.config.php file and get your database's details (DN NAME, DB User, DB password, DB Table prefix).

4) Open the new local.config.php file (from the new installed phpvms system) and change its db details to the previous one.

5) Once you have done it, you will not lose any data from your system but you will only lose the modules,addons and templates which are installed on your system.

Thank you! Since I was not the one creating the website (on the datebase ) from the very beginning it is very difficult for me to understand how to do it all. so thats why I hope it may not be a to much of a stupid question to ask what you mean with different database (how do I do that..)- and what is a TABLE_PREFIX? (..?)

thank you..

• Moderators

A database consists of tables. Each table has its own name and it saves specific information in it. There is on table for the pilots registered on the va, one table for the pireps sent on the va, one table with the schedules of the va etc. Table prefix is just a prefix of each table name. Using different table prefixes give you the right to install as many phpvms or joomla etc systems you want in one database (although it is not supported as the database will soon become very "heavy" :P ).

Via your cpanel or plesk account you must be able to create databases. You will have to create one in order to install the fresh phpvms in it.