Get data in differents database servers to a table.

ARV187

Hi, we (argavirtual VA) want invite to join other friend VA to phpvms (they actually are in airlinesadmin).

And for us would be wonderful to have a flights table and other tables where we shared our flight data, top pilots, finances, map etc.

For example as in VaCentral: http://www.vacentral.net/livemap

Actually our table start so:

<div id="traffictable">
<table>
<table width="100%" border="5" bgcolor="#000000">
<thead>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFF00"><strong>Estado </td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFF00"><strong>Número de vuelo </td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFF00"><strong>Aerolínea </td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFF00"><strong>Salida----> </td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFF00"><strong>---->Llegada </td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFF00"><strong>Piloto </td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#FFFF00"><strong>Avión </td>

<?php
$results = ACARSData::GetACARSData();
if (count($results) > 0)
{
foreach($results as $flight)
	 {
		 if($flight->client == 'FSACARS')
		 {$plane = OperationsData::getAircraftInfo($flight->aircraft);}
		 else
		 {$plane = OperationsData::getAircraftByReg($flight->aircraft);}
			 ?>

What code we must write to get data from two acarsdata table in different servers?

If this isnt possible, then... to get data from two acarsdata table in different database but same server? (two phpvms installations with their own database on the same server)

Thanks.

P.D: We have pay server since may. (if you do not answer you for that reason). xD

• Administrators

VACentral does not really share databases with any of the VA's that are members. The member sites post information to VACentral that is then stored in the VACentral database and used to display maps and calculate statistics.

I think I am not in the minority here in that allowing another site/server that I do not have control over to have direct access to a database on one of my servers is not going to happen.

You could set it up using a rss feed or using xml files and not need access ot a database.

Then the VaCentral live map work with xml files?

Im a noob with all this, my things are thanks at yours post in the forum, i want redesign my flights table to work with other independent airline, how do Livemap in Vacentral, so we could fly in same server, and see the flights in live but all in independent pages, as you said not is good idea have access to other server by security. ¿This work with xml file, or?

About rss feed or xml file to finances etc is interesting, i need learn more.

Thanks by answers :) I hope learn from the things you say to me, and i succes with the flight table.

• 3 weeks later...

VACentral does not really share databases with any of the VA's that are members. The member sites post information to VACentral that is then stored in the VACentral database and used to display maps and calculate statistics.

I think I am not in the minority here in that allowing another site/server that I do not have control over to have direct access to a database on one of my servers is not going to happen.

You could set it up using a rss feed or using xml files and not need access ot a database.

Then... How i can publish in other web site for example top pilots page, finances etc? any tutorial about rss feed or xml to make this?

• Members

The central idea is that 1 site is the master for example VAcentral and the rest are the clients so you will achieve that all the pilots will be shown in the master.

The second part is a litle tricky most probably you could just sync the master acars table to the rest of the clients.

What are you trying to achieve ? so we can think something about it. a V.A Alicane ? and what Acars software do you use ?

• Like 1

The initial idea is publish certain data in a common page, maintly finance data, montly hours & flights, and could be wonderful see a live flight status table.

How Va central, but more home made, only to our airline and a friends airline.

Principally to show Top pilots tables & finances from two airlines in a common page. So each airline still independent but we can share that data in same place as a friendly competition.

If this not is posible, at least show this data from a single VA in a external page (html may be?) via xml or other method, i dont know.

I was reading about rss, but i dont see relationship.