Manual PIREP

CrashGordon

A new pilot ran into a problem filing a manual pirep.  Every time he selected the airline, the dropdown menu for the departure airport only displayed 2 airports.

While my screen displays this:

0001.jpg

His displays this:

0002.jpg

I'm using IE8.  He is using Firefox.  I don't have Firefox, but was able to replicate the problem, using Google Chrome.

Any thoughts on what the problem is.  He can display all the dearture airports until he selects the airline.  There is no problem displaying the destination airports.

Version 2.0.854 .

Want to know something even wierder.  If I select the departure airport, using Google Chrome, and then select the airline, the departure airport disappears and I'm left with a selection of two airports to choose from.

Wait, this is really strange.  If I select, airline, the dropdown menu for departure airport shrinks in width for accomodate the longest of the 2 remaining airports.  If I then go back and deselect the airline, the departure airport dropdown menu disappears entirely when I'm using Chrome.

I never picked up on this because it works just fine on IE8, here and most of the pilots use FSACARS.

As far as I know.  The pilot who called it to my attention said it also happened o him with IE, but I do not know the version.

Since I didn't do anything but add additional fields via the admin area, I don't think it's something I broke. (Or, at least, I hope not.)  I wonder if the problem can be replicated on a different site.

Hello,

I'm running the same version on my production site and I tried to recreate your error using Firefox and Chrome but was not able to.  What I did notice was that the departure drop down will disappear if you deselect the airline but returns when you select the airline again.  But, it still show all my airports so no error there.  In IE8 the departure field never disappears. 

Changed it to "nocode".  It appears to have resolved the issue in Google Chrome.  I'm now checking to see if it broke anything else.    I take it that pirep_new.tpl is the only place this needs to be done.

To anyone following this thread, you are not likely to encounter this problem  We're using a very strange system here. ;D

Thanks, Nabeel