No more custom kacars for now

Ashj24uk

Had an email from Jeff today he was building me a custom Kacars he gave me a full refund and this post is not a post to slag him off or anything.

But anyway this is his auto response to a email i sent him to see if the tracker would be ready and this is what it said

AUTO-RESPONSE

At this time I am not accepting any orders. I am extremely busy with personal items and do not have the time to devote to coding at this time. I will only be handling support at this time. Support emails will be handled but may be handled slowly. Please be patient. I will get to them. Any email regarding orders will not be responded to at this time. As soon as I get some time I will be back to accept new orders.

I appologize to all of you. I do not want to do this but have to.

after a response back from him it turns out that he has personal problems and wont be taking anymore orders.

My question is this is going to leave a big gap in the market for custom trackers i wounder who will fill this gap for the time being?

• Like 4

There is always the awesome, and reliable ACARS by TFDi Design

They are now offering even more customization at standard price :)

Yes, we use SmartCARS aswell - works really well for us. We also have a custom Kacars from Jeff,this is only used now for pilots doing long hauls though as it has a afk function built in. Would highly recommend smartCARS though, all of our pilots love it :)

And yes, all the best to Jeff aswell, hope the personal problems get sorted out.

• Like 1

I have always used our payware personalized Kacars and can not see any major differences that would make me want to change Acars programs. So when you say smartCARS "blows kACARS out of the water with the functionality", I don't see that from looking at their website video or pictures etc. What am I missing?! I just would NOT want to spend 70 bucks, for no good reason. Again, we have a fairly fully customized Kacars and havn't had any problems with it.

• Members

I cannot understand why always there should be a fight between people that support either software.

Ashj24uk did a question and as far as i concern this question is answered .

I do not remember him asking which acars software is the best so we get to the point to again compare softwares without any aparent reason.

Some people like pegeaut over fiat

like vanila icecream over chocolate icecream

so some people prefer 1 software over another.

So please let stop it here and let the VA admins decide them self wich one is the best and witch one suits the needs for their VA

• Like 1