Accounts Being Created Before Approval

TennShadow

I was wondering if there was anyway to not create the accounts until they are approved on the admin side?

I had a couple fake spam accounts get registered today and before I could even delete them the system already created the accounts which makes those pilot ID's unusable. I also have the SMF auto account registration module installed which created the accounts on my forum as well.

It would be great if the system wouldn't create anything until I approve them in the admin center. Is this possible? If not, is this doable in an update?

Thanks,

Keith

• Administrators

It will always create the account, it has to be stored somewhere, but they won't be active until you approve.

Spam accounts - I think the next version I'll implement recaptcha, since there is a public key setting so that should make that feasible

It will always create the account, it has to be stored somewhere, but they won't be active until you approve.

Spam accounts - I think the next version I'll implement recaptcha, since there is a public key setting so that should make that feasible

Nabeel even with recaptcha (which is a nice product) always have the 'evil' people which wants to make bad things

and can pass one afternoon at some lanhouse creating fake accounts, do you think will be too much work to change the system to use a temporary table

until is approved and only give the pilot id when is approved/committed to the pilots table ?

• Administrators

Nabeel even with recaptcha (which is a nice product) always have the 'evil' people which wants to make bad things

and can pass one afternoon at some lanhouse creating fake accounts, do you think will be too much work to change the system to use a temporary table

until is approved and only give the pilot id when is approved/committed to the pilots table ?

I don't know, I'll look into it