How to have two language on a phpVMS website ?

Gofast77

• Moderators

You can create a new folder of your phpvms website with the same files and just translate the one of them. After that, you can connect these two website with the same database and voilà. JAL Virtual has done something like this. They have two different phpvms website (the first phpvms on the en folder and the second one on the ja folder). These two website have been connected with the same database and they have just changed the files...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Unfortunately, the sql data can't be translated. As for the rules and regulations module, you can install a second one using different names and database tables in order to use anothr language. If you want i can do this for you. Please pm me.

• Members

What i have done for Greek Scouts Airways diferent template per language for example TemplateGR and TemplateEn and i am calling the template that i want in the link for example

http://www.gsairways.gr/phpvms/index.php/acars/?template=OperationsEN

OperationsEn is the template name and this is done by adding the following lines in the local.config.php in core folder

<?php
session_start();
if(isset($_GET['template']) && $_GET['template'] != ''){
    $_SESSION['template'] = $_GET['template'];
    define('CURRENT_SKIN',$_GET['template']);
}
if(isset($_SESSION['template']) && $_SESSION['template'] != '')
{
    define('CURRENT_SKIN',$_SESSION['template']);
}
?>

• 2 weeks later...