Install Problems

Kyle

• Moderators

Hi, my freind is trying to install phpvms, but it won't find the database. But we have the database in the same server. My ferind and I been kinking out all night why won't phpvms find the databse and recreated the database over a hundred times and redownloaded the files and reinstall everything but it won't still find the database.

Do you know whats wrong? One Point for someone who helped us getting it work.

• Moderators

Hi, my freind is trying to install phpvms, but it won't find the database. But we have the database in the same server. My ferind and I been kinking out all night why won't phpvms find the databse and recreated the database over a hundred times and redownloaded the files and reinstall everything but it won't still find the database.

Do you know whats wrong? One Point for someone who helped us getting it work.

you got an url to look at

• Moderators

you got an url to look at

Nope, sorry it's still in server IP. I can't release it, becasue my ferind said no. What he has on his system is

1) PHP 5

2) MYSQL 5

3) Lunix Server

4) PHPVMS 2.840

Hope it might help. Also we did try granting permissons on the database and the files. They are writeable.

• Moderators

Nope, sorry it's still in server IP. I can't release it, becasue my ferind said no. What he has on his system is

1) PHP 5

2) MYSQL 5

3) Lunix Server

4) PHPVMS 2.840

Hope it might help. Also we did try granting permissons on the database and the files. They are writeable.

vms is current 2.877

the rest looks good

it will be difficould to help iff you can't look at it

• Moderators

vms is current 2.877

the rest looks good

it will be difficould to help iff you can't look at it

I know it's hard but my firned doesn't want to release his server ip. The url is not set yet. Yup that is the current version he has. I been restarting the servers and everything.

The error is saying database is not found. But it is in our server and it has the grant permissons. It should find that database. I don't know why.

• Moderators

I know it's hard but my firned doesn't want to release his server ip. The url is not set yet. Yup that is the current version he has. I been restarting the servers and everything.

The error is saying database is not found. But it is in our server and it has the grant permissons. It should find that database. I don't know why.

how are you calling the database(localhost) or different

• Moderators

how are you calling the database(localhost) or different

the database is called phpvms and i'm enetering in localhost. We are installing by from the server. And in phpmyadmin. It saying in localhost. I'm just tryoing to browese around the server to see what is the problem. But i can't find the source of a problem.

• Administrators

Is this a dedicated server? If so what you are showing should be working.

If it is a shared server your database and username are probably appended by "username_"

If it is free hostsing the db probably resides on another server all together and will need to have a url to connect.

• Moderators

Yes what simpilot said. Also try connecting in the command line:

mysql -uUSER -p DATABASE_NAME

If you can't connect that way, then there's an issue with your database install

he has dedicated server. His own apple server. like me. And we tried pointing the username but it can't find the database.

• Administrators

he has dedicated server. His own apple server. like me. And we tried pointing the username but it can't find the database.

Then the database is not setup properly.

Login to mysql as root

mysql -uroot -p

Then type

SHOW DATABASES;

And see if the db shows up under there. If it does, then your user above probably doesn't have privledges to that db`

• Moderators

Then the database is not setup properly.

Login to mysql as root

mysql -uroot -p

Then type

SHOW DATABASES;

And see if the db shows up under there. If it does, then your user above probably doesn't have privledges to that db`

I granted permisson for that database as root and i type in root and the password.

And he has the same server as mine. My own hosting and his own hosting and we were doing the same process like mine. Mine was ok. but his is not finding the database.

• Administrators

Check it on his though, it's not always the same.

You shouldn't be accessing as root from your scripts. There should be another user setup. When you do SHOW DATABASES; (on his server), does that database you setup show? And then log out and log back in as that user, and do SHOW DATABASES again, and make sure that's showing up. Its a DB issue somewhere

• Moderators

Check it on his though, it's not always the same.

You shouldn't be accessing as root from your scripts. There should be another user setup. When you do SHOW DATABASES; (on his server), does that database you setup show? And then log out and log back in as that user, and do SHOW DATABASES again, and make sure that's showing up. Its a DB issue somewhere

K i restarted the whole server and i checked the database and its there and inside the db is emtpy. But we used another program a php based and its finding that database. But phphvms is not finding that database. Also i tried deleting the database and created a new one but it won't still find it.

And we had the server tech came in, and its the phpvms issue.

• Like 1

• Administrators

K i restarted the whole server and i checked the database and its there and inside the db is emtpy. But we used another program a php based and its finding that database. But phphvms is not finding that database. Also i tried deleting the database and created a new one but it won't still find it.

You didn't follow what I said. Did you check the user that you've created for that database? What databases does that user show? If you do "use phpvms" (if that's the databse name), does it change to the database?

If you're using phpMyAdmin, goto Privileges on the front page page, create a new user called phpvms, and have it create a database and grant all privledges for that user. Then try that. phpMyAdmin accesses it as root if that's how you're logging in, and it sees all databases

• Moderators

You didn't follow what I said. Did you check the user that you've created for that database? What databases does that user show? If you do "use phpvms" (if that's the databse name), does it change to the database?

If you're using phpMyAdmin, goto Privileges on the front page page, create a new user called phpvms, and have it create a database and grant all privledges for that user. Then try that. phpMyAdmin accesses it as root if that's how you're logging in, and it sees all databases

K i created a new user called phpvms and granted permissons to data:phpvmsand i enter everything in there and its still not finding the database.

Also we reinstalled the system couple hours ago and no problems.

I don't understand why phpvms is not finding that database but the other php program is finding that db and it works.

• Like 1

• Moderators

What box are you on, linux or windows?

Do you use phpmyadmin?

Next thing is to create a test php connect file to see if you can connect, it will spit out errors if there are some.

There are well over 1000 installs of phpvms so its defiantly not a problem there.

K i did a test php connect file and there is no probelms but the PHPVMS won't find the database is already created. Yes he uses phpmyadmin

• Like 1

K i did a test php connect file and there is no probelms but the PHPVMS won't find the database is already created. Yes he uses phpmyadmin

Vansers! I don't understand why you are having this problem. I installed phpvms last week and it was ok. And mark is right, alot of people shouldn't have this issue.

When i installed phpvms, it was quick step! Easy, maybe your making a mistake on the db which setting you shouldn't have on. Check your server again in phpmyadmin and make sure the db is correct becasue we shouldn't have this issue tht its not finding the database and its already there.

Also make sure your phpmyadmin is in the same server ip to your install.

• Moderators

Vansers! I don't understand why you are having this problem. I installed phpvms last week and it was ok. And mark is right, alot of people shouldn't have this issue.

When i installed phpvms, it was quick step! Easy, maybe your making a mistake on the db which setting you shouldn't have on. Check your server again in phpmyadmin and make sure the db is correct becasue we shouldn't have this issue tht its not finding the database and its already there.

Also make sure your phpmyadmin is in the same server ip to your install.

It is in there in the same ip address and the database is correct. Look it's been going on for a week, and we can't get it working.

It is in there in the same ip address and the database is correct. Look it's been going on for a week, and we can't get it working.

Do you have a URL so i can take a look. And before this post you said it is in the server ip and YOUR Friend can't release it. I think it might be the issue on that. GET HIM TO SET UP HIS URL and it should be working. I used to had it in ip while i was installing and it was messed up. Then i got a new url that masks over the server ip. I think it is a url issue. Get the url set up and you should not have any problems.

• Moderators

Do you have a URL so i can take a look. And before this post you said it is in the server ip and YOUR Friend can't release it. I think it might be the issue on that. GET HIM TO SET UP HIS URL and it should be working. I used to had it in ip while i was installing and it was messed up. Then i got a new url that masks over the server ip. I think it is a url issue. Get the url set up and you should not have any problems.

Yeah your right VAFrance. It's working now. Thanks alot VAFrance.