Revision 902: fixed #215, fixed #204

Nabeel

• Administrators

fixed #215 and #204

View more details, download from here

Huge speed changes in this, finally utilizing the cache layer. Make sure core/cache is writable, but you should be able to see stuff being cached in there. Also, if you have an htaccess, make sure no one can get into the /core folder. Cache stays for varying lengths, but should be refreshing properly. At least 20% increases - stats have a nominal 3 minute cache on them, other things have maybe an hour to 24 hours. If there's changes, the cache is updated. On every page the cache eliminates at least 4 db calls.

Another is a maintenance script, which isn't completed yet, but if you have access to cron, you can set USE_CRON to true, and then set that script (admin/maintenance.php) to run nightly. Also alleviates 4/5 db calls for the "fake cron" which runs. Combined with above, it's about 10 calls which are gone. Yay for speed :)

• Like 1

update.php

phpVMS Updater

Starting the update...

Update completed!

checkinstall.php

phpVMS Virtual Airline Administration Software

Install Check

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.3.x

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

Checking file hashes for corrupt or mismatched files

[Error] /lib/js/jquery.form.js doesn't exist

-- Checked 168 files, found 1 errors

/

copied the new layout.tpl

and Running fine so far :)

Nabeel,

found a problem

when a pirep is accept the following warning is given

Warning: file_exists() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in /usr/local/www/www.kafly.net/core/classes/CodonCache.class.php on line 236

Warning: file_exists() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in /usr/local/www/www.kafly.net/core/classes/CodonCache.class.php on line 236

• Administrators

Nabeel,

found a problem

when a pirep is accept the following warning is given

Ah, you can fix that for now.. just open that file, goto that line, remove this:

", $value"

Corrected and working good so far

I hope this reduce the amount of Joins performed without indexes on my mysql server

on 24 hours i got 12294 of them , I will try to check which joins are generating this bottleneck and inform but this is a really p4 bug (nice to have fixed someday , but not essential right now)

• Administrators

Corrected and working good so far

I hope this reduce the amount of Joins performed without indexes on my mysql server

on 24 hours i got 12294 of them , I will try to check which joins are generating this bottleneck and inform but this is a really p4 bug (nice to have fixed someday , but not essential right now)

Sheesh.. I usually check with that. Can you enabled mysql_slow_query_log and let me know what they are? I can add indexes to those which are missing. I usually leave that on in development, haven't really seen anything non-indexed (I obsess over those :P. But I only join on IDs and those are indexed, but I'll try combing through the log tonight too.

What's the code you put for your layout?

Did you put the:

<?php echo $page_content; ?>

Where the content would show?

I am not using the layout.tpl on my site.

edit:I just added the layout tpl in my skins folder an no no header or footer :P but the content shows

So you didn't change anything with your skin? Lemme take a look.

thanks

without the layout.tpl I get vmac screenshot1.jpg

With the layout.tpl I get this

vmac screenshot2.jpg

Edit2: I can not change skins either an here is what I get when I try

Warning: Wrong parameter count for file_exists() in /hermes/web06b/b338/pow.llju1/htdocs/core/classes/CodonCache.class.php  on line 236

Warning: Wrong parameter count for file_exists() in /hermes/web06b/b338/pow.llju1/htdocs/core/classes/CodonCache.class.php on line 236

Warning: Wrong parameter count for file_exists() in /hermes/web06b/b338/pow.llju1/htdocs/core/classes/CodonCache.class.php on line 236

Settings were saved!
Site Settings

Sheesh.. I usually check with that. Can you enabled mysql_slow_query_log and let me know what they are? I can add indexes to those which are missing. I usually leave that on in development, haven't really seen anything non-indexed (I obsess over those :P. But I only join on IDs and those are indexed, but I'll try combing through the log tonight too.

Well enabling the mysql_slow_query timed at 1sec the slow query I have is

use kaflynet;

SET timestamp=1268811003;

SELECT a.*, a.name AS aircraft,

COUNT(p.pirepid) AS routesflown,

SUM(p.distance) AS distance,

SEC_TO_TIME(SUM(p.flighttime*60*60)) AS totaltime,

AVG(p.distance) AS averagedistance,

AVG(p.flighttime) as averagetime

FROM phpvms_aircraft a

LEFT OUTER JOIN phpvms_pireps p ON (p.aircraft = a.id)

GROUP BY a.registration;

looking at the website this query is not phpVMS , but the addon Fleet table , I will keep monitoring and see if any other show up also I will see If I can speed increase this query

Thank you