phpVMS Legacy support for PHP 7

Nabeel

• Administrators
On 6/24/2017 at 4:51 PM, web541 said:

No, keep what you've got at the moment as it is a more stable version than the .tpl version for PHP 7.0 at this time. For the foreseeable future, phpVMS is being introduced and yes, it should be able to migrate your current database. In regards to the modules, you'd have to ask Nabeel, but I'm pretty sure they won't work (at least straight out of the box anyway) due to the nature of the new framework (designed differently), and will require at the very least minimal tweaking or a complete recode. v4 will be the most up-to-date version (including PHP 7.0) at the time of its release, so it's probably wise to stay where you are currently and wait for further progress.

Yep, the .tpl version update is mainly for the people who are running that copy.

• 8 months later...
Fatal error: 'break' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /core/modules/ACARS/ACARS.php on line 176

I changed the php version to php 7.0 am using phpvms version 5.5.x by simpilot. I have checked that file and the line and there is a break there, but it is an if statement not a switch statement. I have been having trouble as I have had to move hosts and the new server is not letting me file pireps, using either acars program or manual.

• Administrators
On 8/28/2018 at 3:19 PM, Strider said:

Fatal error: 'break' not in the 'loop' or 'switch' context in /core/modules/ACARS/ACARS.php on line 176

I changed the php version to php 7.0 am using phpvms version 5.5.x by simpilot. I have checked that file and the line and there is a break there, but it is an if statement not a switch statement. I have been having trouble as I have had to move hosts and the new server is not letting me file pireps, using either acars program or manual.

Maybe put a return in its place or something.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...