Timezone

OmerAslan

Hello friends,

I have phpvms 5.5.2 and all works fine. Just one thing. I need to make my phpvms time zone UTC . But no matter what i did it didn't helped me. When i see admin activity log i see that my phpvms time zone is America/Denver and how can i change it please help. i add timezone UTC in localconfig.php but not working. I will die because of this. Please help...

• Administrators

I think the time used in phpVMS has something to do with where your hosting company is located. I'm not sure if it can be changed.

But - you can display a clock with whatever time zone you choose. One place to get a free one is http://www.clocklink.com/

Edited by ProAvia

Try adding this to your local.config.php file

date_default_timezone_set('UTC');

If that doesn't work, then there is a setting in your php.ini file which depending on your hosting provider, you might (or might not) be able to change. Contacting them might be the best way to check this.

• Moderators

That is correct, if what web541 suggested does not work, you will have to edit your php.ini. If your website is hosted on a shared hosting server, you might not be able to change it. You will have to get in touch with to request such a change or move to a shared hosting provider who has UTC set.

13 hours ago, ProAvia said:

I think the time used in phpVMS has something to do with where your hosting company is located. I'm not sure if it can be changed.

But - you can display a clock with whatever time zone you choose. One place to get a free one is http://www.clocklink.com/

12 hours ago, web541 said:

Try adding this to your local.config.php file

date_default_timezone_set('UTC');

If that doesn't work, then there is a setting in your php.ini file which depending on your hosting provider, you might (or might not) be able to change. Contacting them might be the best way to check this.

10 minutes ago, servetas said:

That is correct, if what web541 suggested does not work, you will have to edit your php.ini. If your website is hosted on a shared hosting server, you might not be able to change it. You will have to get in touch with to request such a change or move to a shared hosting provider who has UTC set.

Hi guys,

Ok, i have godaddy hosting sharing so there is no php.ini file. I post in their community. I will get answer soon. When i put code to local.config.php file i see error log time change in my hosting but in admin log the same. Also i checked phpmyadmin acars time not changed. Anyway when i fix this i will let you know and write here. Thanks to you all.