REALSchedule module

simpilot

• Administrators

I will be releasing a lite version of the New England Virtual Dispatch Center also known as REALSchedule in coming weeks. I am looking for any input on features VA's would like to see. You can see an example in operation here - http://www.newenglandvirtual.com/index.php/RealSchedule - There are some features shown in the NEvA site that will not be included, mostly the maps and coding to go with them, and the route builder function.

The system places aircraft at their last arrival point and lists their next scheduled destination and makes that flight available for reservation by a pilot. This can be tied to the pilot's last location if you would like in order to limit the pilot to flying only flights that are available from the airport he is "virtually" located at. It will also include a function for pilots to "jumpseat" to another airport by buying a ticket.

Some caveats - each aicraft must have a looping set of schedules with the last schedule returning it to the original departure point. For those that already have a system setup it may be a big undertaking to change what is there. Each set of looped schedules must have its own aircraft as well, so if you have a lot of loops, you will have a lot of aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Ok,I'm working on this but need to know what you guys are thinking for the jumpseat ticket charge. A flat rate overall or a cost per mile of flight. I dont think you want to have to set up a cost of every possible jumpseat flight....

Also, I would assume that the ticket would be free if you ended up "stranded" at an airport. ie - you fly an aircraft in and it is the only one there and someone else jumpseats in and flys it out before you come back to fly again.

• Administrators

It is out with a couple of va's for initial beta testing, as soon as I get some response and correct any major issues I will get an initial release out. ;)

I removed some of the functions that are running at NEvA and also updated the code to reflect the newer phpVMS procedures and just want to make sure it is correct.