Sending Emails -- Not working

anushpatel

Hi there!

I have gotten phpVMS 7 set up and was trying to get the automailer to work however I can't get it to work, I have tried MailGun and Sparkpost but all result in the following error "Expected response code 220 but got an empty response" and "Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport::assertResponseCode:445

vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:445" 

I can't find the .env file either?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Nabeel I'm having the same issue. According to the log file, seems like the SMTP Greeting is returning nothing instead of the expected 220. Was using the forgot password function so got a full error screen and was able to export it to Flare so here's the full error information including stack trace, request details etc

https://flareapp.io/share/4m41E4PM#F59

Tried adding mail details to env.php file, config/mail.php and config.php but to no avail.

Edited by Velocity23

• Administrators

Can you try a different email provider? Or maybe you have to use a different port? That looks like it's connecting but it's not getting the proper response from the SMTP server. Maybe they're just running an blackhole telnet server or something

1 hour ago, Nabeel said:

Can you try a different email provider? Or maybe you have to use a different port? That looks like it's connecting but it's not getting the proper response from the SMTP server. Maybe they're just running an blackhole telnet server or something

Will do. Does phpVMS support SSL for encryption?

• Administrators
On 6/27/2020 at 11:04 PM, Velocity23 said:

Will do. Does phpVMS support SSL for encryption?

I think that comes down to PHP itself and the libraries (swiftmailer, etc) and how they're configured, not really phpvms specifically