phpVMS 5.5.2.74 (phpVMS 5.5.2 updated for PHP 7.4)

This is a new topic to open up the work and fixing of phpVMS 5.5.2.72 to work with PHP 7.4 .   

It will be based on the existing version phpVMS 5.5.2.72 and will be progressed in this forum.

Once Finished it will be polished on GITHUB as a package the same as before.

Step 1.   I have a MAMP-PRO system and have set up a server module which will run PHP 7.4.12 and will install the existing software into this and start recording the errors found and then we can start correcting them as required. Until we know what the errors are I do not know how long this will take.  I am suspecting that PHP will throw out a lot of warning type messages about code being deprecated etc. These are going to be the main areas where things will hopefully be easy to fix. 

ERROR-01.    This is just connecting to the master software after uploading to the server 

Warning: Use of undefined constant DBASE_NAME - assumed 'DBASE_NAME' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /Users/lesliejarrett/Sites/airalba/core/codon.config.php on line 90

Warning: Use of undefined constant DBASE_SERVER - assumed 'DBASE_SERVER' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /Users/lesliejarrett/Sites/airalba/core/codon.config.php on line 90

Warning: Use of undefined constant DBASE_NAME - assumed 'DBASE_NAME' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /Users/lesliejarrett/Sites/airalba/core/codon.config.php on line 90

So the first task is to find out this error and correct it 

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 09.05.21.png

Error 1.      the line in question is as follows  -: i.e. core/codon.config.php. line 90 

if(DBASE_NAME != '' && DBASE_SERVER != '' && DBASE_NAME != 'DBASE_NAME') {

so following what I could find I tried the following line 

if($DBASE_NAME != '' && $DBASE_SERVER != '' && $DBASE_NAME != 'DBASE_NAME') {

and that error seems to have gone away hopefully but we must wait and see

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 09.21.13.png