FSFK/Google Map issue

TAV1702

Nabeel, please forgive me as I know we have discussed this in the past. I seem to be having an old issue with the map.

Right now, I am currently doing a 206nm flight from KMCI-KSTL in a B1900D When I started the flight and was on the ground, it showed me enroute. Looking at the nm left in flight and time remaining, the time remaining is correct, but nm is off. Check this out. 5629.0 nm / 29.165 For some reason, it refuses to let go of that number as far as the nm goes. No matter what flight it is or what I am flying it in. I am not sure if Passengers does it or ACARS, but I do know it was happening with XACARS and now I seem to have this issue with FSFK. Did I miss a fix for this somewhere?

Version 2.1.935

Once again, my apologies for bringing this up again. I was gone for a month or so a bit back and I might have missed something that my searches are just not bringing up for me.

I don't think I ever got FSFK to show correct for time/distance. It was always WAY over what it should be.

Yep, I am doing a flight and just checked it. It was showing 5000+ miles and 23 hours or something for FSFK. That is why I am using Kacars for my live mapping.

I still use FSFK every flight! I use it for logging the flight, then uploading to the server from there. I use Kacars for the live map. Although today, that all changed, because FSFK did not upload correctly. So I assume I got something screwed up in the last update I did. :(

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

I have FSACARS and KAcars running good and I am now busy with Flightkeeper as a few pilots are using

this. When I did a flight today I saw some wrong things on the map (see image)

The status was at the beginning of the flight "enroute" also the distance is a little off :lol: and also

the time remaining. I have to say that this a route who isn´t in the database a so called charter. I already

looked if I could change anything in the php file but as i am not programmer and what I know of php I learned

from books and looking at other scripts, it should be wise not to do this

Can somebody help me here.

Thanks,

With regards,

Clipboard01.jpg

Cor

• Moderators

NL

Cor dit problem komt geloof ik doordat je een charter vliegt want normaal neem die de tijd en de afstand van de schedule als ik het juist heb.probeer het eens met een schedule en zie als het dan wel klopt.

EN

Cor i think this is dew to the fackt that you are flying a charter,i belive normaly it takes time and distance from the schedulle.maby you could try it with a schedule and see if its fixed then

gr joeri

Hey Joeri,

I already tought so, but maybe it can be fixed, so charter flights can also be calculated. I know that with the original scripts of flightkeeper if calculates the distance which you alrady flown and the total distance (see picture)

Clipboard02.jpg

Regards,

Cor

Both airports have to be in the database, it should be somewhat correct. Is it way off?

It will always say 'enroute' since FSFK doesn't send any flight status

So basicly as I understand it, you need all the airports in your database that people can fly from

or too. Will it not be easier to calculate the distance directly from keeper itself; Like DistancePlanned - DistanceFlown = DisancetoGo

The Enroute is not bit of a problem, but the distance does not looks so nice if you do a flight of 550 NM and the maps says 3150

Regards,

Cor

Hello all,

Where can I find all the files concerning FSFK. I would like to see if I can come up with a solution of the FSFK/Google map issue as it is one of the last things that need to be tested out for our new website.

Tnx,

As always with regards,

Cor

Hello All,

I have been testing with the FSFK script and I have come as far as that now as you see on the picture, the distance of the flight

is the correct distance what it also did when you the live acars. It goes wrong when it comes at line 337 because then you get the strangest

distances when airports are not in the database and you fly a charter flight.

// Get our heading

preg_match("/\/HDG.(.*)\n/", $message, $matches);

$heading = $matches[1];

// Get our altitude

preg_match("/\/ALT.(.*)\n/", $message, $matches);

$alt = $matches[1];

// Get our speed

preg_match("/\/IAS.(.*)\//", $message, $matches);

$gs = $matches[1];

$fields = array(

'pilotid'=>$pilotid,

// 'aircraft' => $aircraft,

'lat'=>$coords['lat'],

'lng'=>$coords['lng'],

'heading'=>$heading,

'alt'=>$alt,

'gs'=>$gs,

'phasedetail'=>'Enroute',

);

}

elseif($method == 'UPDATEFLIGHTPLAN')

{

$flight_id = $value;

$flight_data = explode("|", $message);

echo '1|';

return;

}

//$depapt = OperationsData::GetAirportInfo($depicao);

//$dist_remain = $flight_data[16];

# Estimate the time remaining

if($gs != 0)

$time_remain = $dist_remain / $gs;

else

$time_remain = '0';

//$fields['distremain'] = $dist_remain;

$fields['timeremaining'] = $time_remain;

First I changed ut to see if the programs in this stage would come up with the same distance as in the beginning but it wont. I know that in the official Acarsservice script they also extract the Distance flown but

I did not get it right as I am no programmer. Maybe somebody with programming skill can take o look at it. In my simple ming it doesn't have to be a big problem, but he I just an amateur. :lol:

Last question it that it seems it take the IAS and not the TAS, so is the time remaining then alright.

As always with regards,

Cor

Map.jpg