Airport Lookups

CrashGordon

Does anyone know of a way to extract the airport database in FSX into a CSV, or similar format? I'm getting grumpy about the number of airports missing in either geonames or phpvms lookups. I'm not talking unknown air strips in the boondocks. Neither one can look up OAIX, for example. Loading FSX every time I need airport coordinates, is too time consuming.

• Administrators

Does anyone know of a way to extract the airport database in FSX into a CSV, or similar format? I'm getting grumpy about the number of airports missing in either geonames or phpvms lookups. I'm not talking unknown air strips in the boondocks. Neither one can look up OAIX, for example. Loading FSX every time I need airport coordinates, is too time consuming.

I'll do one better, here is a copy of the database I have built for airports over the last couple of years to use with my charter center. There are 42,416 total, it has almost everything I believe, including the grass strip behind my home. It has more info then you need but you can dump what you don't want. B)

airports.sql.gz

• Administrators

simpilot, is that drop-in for the current airports table?

I'm working on a CSV import/export for the next version

It has everything that is required but has a few extra fields as well. You could drop the columns you don't need and rename the others to match and I think it would work. I can change it to match that table if it would help. Its a big load into sql also, freehosts are probably gonna choke with it.