Flight Time Cheaters

CSJCB

Hi everyone

Is there any possibility of STOP pilots doing unnecessary holdings which only purpose is to be AFK, nothing against with that, but question here is that such holding time ( in some cases of 1 & 2 hours ) are counting as flying hours which is not fare in my opinion.

regards

1 hour ago, CSJCB said:

Hi everyone

Is there any possibility of STOP pilots doing unnecessary holdings which only purpose is to be AFK, nothing against with that, but question here is that such holding time ( in some cases of 1 & 2 hours ) are counting as flying hours which is not fare in my opinion.

regards

What kind of possibility you are after ? If someone is doing unnecessary holdings, waiting at the gate for hours after landing (gaming term : sandbagging) only option is to reject their pireps (as ProAvia suggested) manually and kick them from your VA (if you are really sure about their actions).

You can NOT automate this with a software (here in this forum it is phpvms and vmsacars), so it will NOT be possible unless you come up with an AI, reading your pilots mind, getting all other info (like online traffic, IVAO/VATSIM ATC chatter, weather etc.) and decide if he is sandbagging or holding for something really necessary.

Safe flights

hi everyone and thank for your suggestions.

Manually rejecting PIREP's will be boring as you need to have a look at all PIREP's.

I was thinking something via ACARS/PHPVMS/ADDON by limiting a flight time on admin/flights page.

Ex: a flight time calculated for 1h the maximum allowed flight time for this flight will be 1:30 as an example.

regards 

Did somebody claimed that being an admin would be fun (or not boring, not time consuming) ?

You are trying to go the same path with some others, I should not do anything, everything should be automatic, why I am working for this etc. etc. :) Then I would ask the above question ;) 

After all, you can have some code to auto reject pireps by comparing planned (scheduled) flight times with actual flight times (side questions; what will happen to free flights, flights without simbrief plans to precisely check times, flights planned for different aircraft types). In the end, this will have side effects though, then you will work to fix the mis-identified ones 'cause a code will never know the difference between sandbagging and real holding (as it is not an AI with tons of resources). It will only look to your schedule and reject a non matching pirep.

And when this happens, you will come here again to ask for another feature for inspecting and identifying, correcting those to reduce your workload :D

Still my advise is same, punish and fire them, this will greatly reduce sandbaggers and you will have a clean roster after a while.

Safe flights

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nabeel said:

I think I put in there how much time they were stopped as a field? If not, I think I can add that pretty easily

Yeah we already have "Total Pause Time" in pirep field values, but the OP's question was not about pause, also pause is not counted as flight time as expected. What he wants is simply eliminating sandbaggers with some automation.