Inability to remove roles, pagination and Subfleet restriction query

WestIndian876

Greetings,

We have imported our information from the older php v5 and now using the latest php v7.

The pilots who once had admin roles from the previous version are still admins. The challenge is, we cannot seem to remove that role from the pilots. When we go to the user page, click user, edit the role (remove admin), when it saved, the role comes back. Can you shed some light on that please?

Further, we are having some issues with the pagination. Pages 1,2 and 3 work fine, then page 4 isn't, then page 5, 6, 7 works, then another doesn't. The one that does not, gives the 500 | Server Error

Another question. In the ACARS, should it not be that if a pilot is restricted to a fleet via ranking, it does not show up in the acars? So If I am an FO, and the flight has a subfleet of an CA, it should not show up on the front end of the site nor on the ACARS. Is that the correct logic? To add to that, if I am an admin, with a rank of an FO, would that override the subfleet restriction?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by WestIndian876

• WestIndian876 changed the title to Inability to remove roles, pagination and Subfleet restriction query
  • Administrators

Are you using the latest v7 dev version available from the v7-releases channel in discord?

List the full version number here. 

I haven’t noticed any of what you are experiencing with users or pagination - and I’ve done the legacy import at least 3 dozen times over the last several months while helping to update and improve the legacy importer. 

As for any 500 errors - you will need to look on the phpVMS logs. See the phpVMS docs for their location. 

17 hours ago, WestIndian876 said:

Greetings,

We have imported our information from the older php v5 and now using the latest php v7.

The pilots who once had admin roles from the previous version are still admins. The challenge is, we cannot seem to remove that role from the pilots. When we go to the user page, click user, edit the role (remove admin), when it saved, the role comes back. Can you shed some light on that please?

Further, we are having some issues with the pagination. Pages 1,2 and 3 work fine, then page 4 isn't, then page 5, 6, 7 works, then another doesn't. The one that does not, gives the 500 | Server Error

Another question. In the ACARS, should it not be that if a pilot is restricted to a fleet via ranking, it does not show up in the acars? So If I am an FO, and the flight has a subfleet of an CA, it should not show up on the front end of the site nor on the ACARS. Is that the correct logic? To add to that, if I am an admin, with a rank of an FO, would that override the subfleet restriction?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

• There is a blank option (smaller than others, first item of the list) in role selection dropdown, you need to remove their admin role (or other roles) and then add that blank to reset given roles.
  • Need the logs for the server error as ProAvia mentioned, without logs no one can help you.
  • Fleets can be restricted by rank or type ratings (check settings and admin definitions), frontend follows the restrictions (so does vmsAcars) and pilots do NOT see something they are NOT allowed to use, no override logic for admins (or staff).

Hope this helps

Example;

image.png.3ffe686077df654a8949ccc5f737d6a5.png

1. Remove the special-user by clicking the small x,
  2. Then click on the (blue) blank role I mentioned above, it is invisible but there, just hover your mouse there and it will be highlighted like the picture above.
  3. Then save :)

It should work

Edited by DisposableHero