Menu

CPC900

Ok, sorry to bring this up again, but I am getting pissed off that I can't figure this out. I want to expand my drop down menu and I have tried and tried, but can't get it right without starting from scratch. I just want to add a 2 tier to the menu. Can someone tell me what to do with my current css and tpl to make this happen easily.

body { behavior:url("csshover.htc"); }

#sddm
{	background-color: #AD1919;
   width: 100%;
   overflow:hidden;
   text-align:center;
   margin: 0 auto;
padding: 0;
z-index: 30
  }

#sddm ul
{     margin: 0 auto;
     padding:0;
     text-align:center;
  } 

#sddm li
{	margin: 0 auto;
list-style: none;
float: left;
font: bold 11px arial
}

#sddm li a
{	display: block;
margin: 0 1px 0 0;
padding: 4px 10px;
width: 90px;
background: #AD1919;
color: #FFF;
text-align: center;
text-decoration: none
}

#sddm li a:hover
{	background: #AD1919
   }

#sddm div
{	position: absolute;
visibility: hidden;
margin: 0;
background: #EAEBD8;
border: 1px solid #AD1919
}

#sddm div a
{	position: relative;
	display: block;
	margin: 0;
	padding: 5px 10px;
	width: auto;
	white-space: nowrap;
	text-align: left;
	text-decoration: none;
	background: #F6643B;
	color: #000000;
	font: 11px arial
	}

#sddm div a:hover
{	background: #AD1919;
	color: #FFF
	}

I can paste my full core_navigation.tpl if needed, but here is a sample of that as well...

<ul id="sddm">

<li><a href="<?php echo SITE_URL ?>/index.php/Frontpage">Home</a>

</li>

<?php

if(!Auth::LoggedIn())

{

// Show these if they haven't logged in yet

?>

<li><a href="<?php echo SITE_URL ?>/index.php/login" onmouseover="mopen('m1')" onmouseout="mclosetime()">User Log In</a>

<div id="m1" onmouseover="mcancelclosetime()" onmouseout="mclosetime()">

<a class="main_link" href="<?php echo SITE_URL ?>/index.php/login">Login</a>

<a class="main_link" href="<?php echo SITE_URL ?>/index.php/registration">Sign Up</a>

</div>

</li>

And just so you know....I HAVE looked at the previous links to drop down menus and HAVE read about them, but I obviously have a serious brain cramp in making it work with what I already have. I just don't want to start over with the menu thing, because it looks great and works fine the way it is, but I need to add a second tier to break up the menus for spacing and have had no luck with my current menu code by making changes that I read on varios .css sites. Thanks so much.

Well, the current script works fine for a single menu, and I understand it. I find when I go to change it, I need to change a bunch of stuff that i don't get how it actually should work. I have screwed around with it, but I always %&$#% it up. The only way I can see to fix it, is completely starting over with my dropdown menu.....I was just hoping someone could give a quick heads up on how to do a quick fix to what I already have.

Yes, I have seen it, but he doesn't have a second tier for his menu either. I like my dropdown menu, that I have.....I just want to add a 2nd tier to my menu choic for some values and it seems like a pain in the butt to edit mine to do this. I am sure it is not that hard for someone who knows what they are doing, but it looks like I will have to do mine over from scratch.

If you look at my site, for instance...

http://www.canadianclassicairlines.com/CPC/

You would see a lot more choices if you are a member and logged in, of course. But I would want to just add a menu that juts out from one of the dropdown menu choices. That is why I posted my code, in hopes someone could give me a hint. Anyways, forget about it. I will rewrite the .css and core_navigation.tpl files using one of the many examples out there.

Ah, okay, I get what you are wanting. You want a multi level drop-down menu (you hover over link, drop-down pops up, then you hover over a link in that category and you get another menu form a certain one. yeah, I saw a thread on that, let me find it.

Yes Jeff, I am familiar with that thread ;)

It was just that, incorporating a new menu into my already completed drop down system, was proving difficult for me. I just don't get it sometimes. It seemed like adding a multi level to what I had should be easy, but I couldn't get it to work correctly.