Request Heavy landing pilot pay cost

• Administrators

The functions are all already in phpVMS to do this, you just need to add a little direction.

In the PIREPData class in the filePIREP function add a directive that IF the LANDINGRATE is less than -300 (or whatever number you want) then direct the class to use the PilotData class function updateProfile to deduct whatever pay you want to from the pilot. In between you will have to use the getPilotPay function in PilotData to get the current pay to start your equation.

Guest lorathon

Be advised on this one. That you will need to make something permanent for anything other than adjustments per PIREP.

Example - I added a field to the pilot table called payadjust. Any adjustments to pay are stored here. If I deduct $100 then it grabs this field and subtracts the -100. The reason for this is that if you just manually adjust the pay and stick it right back into the standard pay field it will be lost if you ever do a "Reset Pilot Payments" in the maintenance area. In the pilot center I then changed the display code to show standard pay + payadjust.

IF you are just going to reduce/increase the amount of pay per PIREP, then I believe if you adjust the pay of the actual PIREP you would be ok. Since the "Reset Pilot Payments" just adds up the total PIREP pay. But anything adjusted directly to the pilot pay field will be lost.

I also did the same with bonus hours and for the same reason. This was a bit more difficult since I want the bonus hours to be considered during rank calculations. I had to modify the ranksdata.class.php to consider the bonushours field during the rank calc routine. Same goes with the PIREP hours. But I wanted to make sure I had an accurate hour count. Since the pilots did actually fly those hours they remain true. But any adjustments are either bonus or penalties.

The functions are all already in phpVMS to do this, you just need to add a little direction.

In the PIREPData class in the filePIREP function add a directive that IF the LANDINGRATE is less than -300 (or whatever number you want) then direct the class to use the PilotData class function updateProfile to deduct whatever pay you want to from the pilot. In between you will have to use the getPilotPay function in PilotData to get the current pay to start your equation.

Sounds good but i am not much good with code i am slowly learneing would some one be able to post the code

please

regards

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion this isn't realistic at all. Pilots don't get fined or have their pay docked if they have a little incodent, its actually illegal to doc someone's pay like that. If you have that many pilots landing that badly maybe they need some training, not fined.

• Like 1