[solved] How do i know if its a fake flight report or not?

James142

Well, that is the problem with allowing manual pireps. That goes on the honor system. You have absolutely no way of knowing if they flew the flight or not.

Now that being said, you could make it so that if they file a manual pirep, that flight must be flown on a fshost server that you have admin access to. If you have a fshost server you can verify the flight if you have logs turned on. Other then that, you are simply taking the pilots word for it. And fake pireps do happen in spite of what the pilots say.

I personally was going to get rid of the manual pireps links on my site but the problem is when using ANY ACARS device such as ACARS, XACARS, FS Pax, and FSFK things can and will go wrong and for some reason or other their flight will not upload to the website. Then what do they do if the manual pirep links are gone?

I guess it is a situation of catch 22. You are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. ;) In the end, it is just a choice you have to make on how you wish to handle the situation.

In case you go with the fshost choice, you can get it at http://www.chocolatesoftware.com

Ray

Well, that is the problem with allowing manual pireps. That goes on the honor system. You have absolutely no way of knowing if they flew the flight or not.

Now that being said, you could make it so that if they file a manual pirep, that flight must be flown on a fshost server that you have admin access to. If you have a fshost server you can verify the flight if you have logs turned on. Other then that, you are simply taking the pilots word for it. And fake pireps do happen in spite of what the pilots say.

I personally was going to get rid of the manual pireps links on my site but the problem is when using ANY ACARS device such as ACARS, XACARS, FS Pax, and FSFK things can and will go wrong and for some reason or other their flight will not upload to the website. Then what do they do if the manual pirep links are gone?

I guess it is a situation of catch 22. You are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. ;) In the end, it is just a choice you have to make on how you wish to handle the situation.

In case you go with the fshost choice, you can get it at http://www.chocolatesoftware.com

Ray

Ah ok. Wish there was something to prove that the pilot did that flight :L

Thank you for the reply! James

Looks like i have to reinstall my phpvms system thin on my website as i got an error when trying to connect to VAcenteral :(