Issue installing PHPVMS

sasvirtual

When I went to install PHP VMS after uploading to a webhost. I ran the installation but got an error saying that core/local.config.php isnt writable. Also how do i write the permissions as stated on the prelimanary installation requirements. I have also use www.000webhost.com as my host.

Please help i am very new to this and I need to have this site up asap.

• Administrators

If the file does not exisit yet, create it yourself with nothing in it and make sure the permissions are correct. If it already exsists check the permissions and make sure it is writable. You can check/change permissions using your ftp client easily.

using your ftp client change the config file from 644 to 666 after your install is done, change your local_config.php back to 644. You can do this in your ftp client by right clicking the file in question and going to properties.

Here is a handy link that describes setting permissions. http://www.washington.edu/computing/unix/permissions.html

Started: 10/4/2010 10:27 PM

Operation timed out. Cancelling...

Operation timed out. Cancelling...

core\local.config.php - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put local.config.php. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 1

core\local.config.php

Finished: 10/4/2010 10:28 PM

I get this error when trying to upload core/local.config.php